RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Views: 215

Replies to This Discussion

Me and my family have snuck some food in the theatre a few times, just a few bags of candy.  Except a few months ago my brother managed to sneak in a can of pop, he was desperate.

I'm surprised by Link's admission of guilt to his admission lying. If they called the manager over, you know there had to be some more story spinning than "we have dietary restrictions". And where were his kids during all this -- watching the whole thing in confusion? Silly Link!

Also the two points of big news were, well, big!

1) The Mythical Mail Boulder is finally taken out of service as foretold. I wonder if they'll end up doing the secret-location burial like they initially were throwing around or if there's something new in the works.

2) I can't believe there's only a 1-week break between seasons 5 and 6! This has to be the shortest break on record, correct? I can't recall any other breaks being less than 2 weeks, and if memory serves most were at least 3.

1)  This was my suggestion for a grand send-off of the MMB once it was completed.  Sent it to Jason about a year ago . . . think I'll go ahead and re-send it to Jen now since in today's announcement it sounds as if R&L may not be exactly sure what to do with it.

2)  You are correct, sir! Checking the R&L Kommunity Timeline reveals:

GMM Season 1 = 129 episodes followed by a 35 day break (07/02/12 - 08/05/12)

GMM Season 2 = 84 episodes followed by a 44 day break (11/o2/12 - 01/13/13)

GMM Season 3 = 62 episodes followed by a 19 day break (04/06/13 - 04/24/13)

The Mythical Show = 12 episodes (weekly) followed by a 53 day break (07/12/13 - 09/02/13)

GMM Season 4 = 79 episodes followed by a 16 day break (12/24/13 - 01/07/14)

and

GMM Season 5 = 128 episodes when it finishes on July 4th

And let's not even mention those long, lonely times in transition between GMCL / Commercial Kings / GMM Season 1 . . . also known as "the dark ages"

(click image below to view full size details)

Helpful as usual! I totally didn't think to check the timeline for exact break durations, but I can't believe it slipped my mind. It seems like the earlier breaks were a bit longer than I remembered! I was recalling them to be a little less than a month.

Some of them were over holiday breaks, which definitely made them feel less long. I think the very first break was the hardest!

I was surprised at how sad I was about the Mail Boulder being retired! When they first introduced the idea I thought it was kind of dumb, but I've come to like it and marvel every week at how large it's gotten.  I hope they don't bury it; it's too cool to bury.

I'm surprised at such a short break between seasons as well! I was not so surprised that the season's coming to an end, because it's been a really long season and I've been wondering lately when they'd take a hiatus. I did wonder if they were going to do another season of the Mythical Show, but I guess that wasn't successful enough to pull off again?

I don't always go to the theater to see a new release, but when I do . . .

STUDIO MOVIE GRILL! Why pay $8 for a bucket of popcorn when for $12 you can have a full meal?  The BBQ ribs with sweet potato fries is my favorite, although pizza night is pretty good too.  Plus, Groupon is always running a deal for $5 admission to any movie, so it's a fairly reasonable price for dinner and a movie.

And the best part is when you furn on the little signal light about half way through the movie and the waiter/waitress comes by to deliver your free drink refill. 

Dude, that looks amazing.

I couldn't remember when the mail boulder started, so I consulted the lists of included pieces, and WOW - can't believe the boulder is almost a year and a half old now! I guess it does make sense to retire it, especially considering how large and unwieldy it has gotten. I wonder how heavy it is now?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service