RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

What is your Mythical Beast name, Why did you pick it and what does it mean???

Please tell us your mythical name
Why did you choose this name for yourself
What does it means???

Mine is Horphin.
Horse and Dolphin
I chose this name because I love these two animals.
The horse is a great and wonderful land animal. When Jesus comes back He will be on a White horse.
I love the dolphin becasue of it's gentleness and grace when you see them swimming. I first feel in love the dolphin when I was a little girl after watching "Flipper". The island of the blue Dolphin was one of my favorite books and movie.

There are my reason for my name what is yours?

Views: 1273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First I want to explain Elysium. If you haven't guessed, that is not my real name. A few years back I was asking for name ideas on a forum and my friend gave me a few, Mistress Elysium being one of them. I stuck with that one, but found that I had to shorten it to Elysium on some sites. Eventually I started using it everywhere, and I use it as my badge name for anime conventions. Since I have used it for so long, it is my name in a sense. Elysium, in Greek mythology, is the home of the blessed after death.

Now for my actual beast name. Neko is Japanese for cat and youkai is Japanese for spirits or demons. I picked the neko part because I love cats. I wanted to be a youkai because I liked the idea of its power or mischievousness. It also suggests having connections with the afterlife, which parallels nicely with my name Elysium.
I am a magical-fairy-potato..... self explanitory ;) I picked it cause i heart POTATOEZ!!!
um shamato cuz i like shamwow and potatoes :))) it means ur crazy and stupid
My mythical beast name is "BearShark." The idea is from a shirt from the band Project 86. It shows a bear fighting a shark. I really liked the shirt (which is why I bought it =D), so I decided to use that as my mythical beast name.

The shirt didn't show a bear and shark merged as one, just two separate animals. I still like the idea, so I just put the names together. I guess it COULD mean an actual bear/shark, but the name is just two animals' names together.

A bearshark would be pretty cool, though, right?

Check the link for a picture of the shirt! It's an older picture, with me without a beard... Just so you know. =D
Attachments:
Love all the reply's to this. Please send this to others. I love the details of your names and where and why you picked them.
oh yeah izzie! i love ur pic!

Rezzy (magical-fairy-potato) said:
I am a magical-fairy-potato..... self explanitory ;) I picked it cause i heart POTATOEZ!!!
My mythical beast is a Dunehobbit. It is a Hobbit (of LOTR fame) that lives in the sandy dunes of the desert. No one is really sure which desert, which is why there is no visual recording of the Dunehobbit.

I chose this mythical beast because I believe that it represents me. I am a little bit elusive, and most people who know me don't actually know me. My sister and I came up with it when we were arguing over the habits of Hobbits, as we are wont to do. Yes, we're LOTR nerds, sadly.
My mythical beast is the Rainbow Zebra.
I choose this for several reasons, one of which was that I wanted to be able to photoshop an image of my beast, and a rainbow zebra was something I could do that would look cool. :)

I examined several online lists of magical, fairy tale, and mythical creatures.... it seemed whenever I found one that had a cool name, the description made it sound absolutely evil or really homely. When I'd find one that had a cute description or one that didn't have an evil nature, I didn't like the name. I tried to come up with my own combo beast, with two animals merged into one (like the Horphin), but I couldn't come up with anything original.

I thought a mythical horse beast would be really cool, so I considered horses, ponys, unicorns, and I even considered the "Horse of a Different Color" from the Wizard of Oz! (I still think that would be an awesome beast, but it was too long to fit beside my name.)

In the end I ended up with the Rainbow Zebra. I sometimes think it's not as original as some of the other beasts, but it's cute, bright, and kind of fun, so I like it. Plus it doesn't (at least in my mind) have an evil nature; I consider it to be friendly and not scary. Also, I took a different spin on it: most people think rainbow zebras are rainbow with black stripes, but mine is white with rainbow stripes!

By the way: a couple weeks ago I found a tshirt with three zebras on it, and one of them is a rainbow zebra! Obviously it called my name and I had to buy it!
Love your story Valerie. You should put a pic of the t-shirt on here. Rainbows are fun and peaceful.

Valerie.G (Rainbow Zebra) said:
My mythical beast is the Rainbow Zebra.
I choose this for several reasons, one of which was that I wanted to be able to photoshop an image of my beast, and a rainbow zebra was something I could do that would look cool. :)

I examined several online lists of magical, fairy tale, and mythical creatures.... it seemed whenever I found one that had a cool name, the description made it sound absolutely evil or really homely. When I'd find one that had a cute description or one that didn't have an evil nature, I didn't like the name. I tried to come up with my own combo beast, with two animals merged into one (like the Horphin), but I couldn't come up with anything original.

I thought a mythical horse beast would be really cool, so I considered horses, ponys, unicorns, and I even considered the "Horse of a Different Color" from the Wizard of Oz! (I still think that would be an awesome beast, but it was too long to fit beside my name.)

In the end I ended up with the Rainbow Zebra. I sometimes think it's not as original as some of the other beasts, but it's cute, bright, and kind of fun, so I like it. Plus it doesn't (at least in my mind) have an evil nature; I consider it to be friendly and not scary. Also, I took a different spin on it: most people think rainbow zebras are rainbow with black stripes, but mine is white with rainbow stripes!

By the way: a couple weeks ago I found a tshirt with three zebras on it, and one of them is a rainbow zebra! Obviously it called my name and I had to buy it!
Moblins are humanoid monsters that usually reside in forests. They are sometimes accompanied by Pig Warriors, monsters with the same basic form but more porcine characteristics. However in the original Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link, Moblins resembled bulldogs. Both types commonly wield spears, swords, bows, or occaisionally weild massive clubs. They are one of the most common enemies within the games they appear, and are considered "mighty", but also "dumb". They are described as greedy, self-possessed creatures, and the major antagonist will commonly use them as mercenaries or summoned monsters. Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons feature a larger, senior Moblin known as the Great Moblin, who terrorizes Holodrum and Labrynna. Wind Waker features three variations, Miniblins, rodent-like beasts that carry pitchforks, Bokoblins, impish creatures, and the usual, giant, Moblins.

Source: Wikipedia
I am a ZealouStar Fairy. I'm not a teeny fairy, but full-size. I live the basics of life like most humans, even able to retract my wings to blend in more effeciently. Not that I can completely blend in or that that's even the purpose. I only hide my wings so as to not scare people away, but I'm happy to reveal my true nature to people. And the world can tell there is something different about me, that I don't really fit in. I glow slightly at all times.*

I'm a warrior fairy.* I endeavor to fight the good fight, the fight for Truth and Love and Grace.* My enemies are Pride and Lies and Apathy; they are like a roaring lion, seeking to destroy me.* But I don't fight alone.* And in the intensity of battle, whether the quiet battle that rages for my thoughts and affections and effectiveness,* or the open combat with the enemies of Love* for the lives of humanity, I shine like a star.* The light within me is the most powerful weapon I possess.*

Like most fairies, I love nature, especially listening to what the sky declares,* and I prefer to live outdoors, sleeping in trees or on mossy patches in the forest, but I don't always get to. But that's okay. I'll sacrifice my true home for my calling in this war.*

One day, I'll get to go back home, victory, peace and rest mine.* Until then, I take strength and courage from the other mythical beasts who engage in this war for Love in their own habitats and in their own capacities.* Take courage from a ZealouStar Fairy. We are not alone, and Love wins.*

What do the asterisks mean? Message me and I'll tell you!
I am the Dodecataur. i like centaurs. I am also a big fan of the polyappendaged Hindu diaties. although im still considering morphing into another beast this is my temporary and verry well-armed beast. "Six arms Six legs and hair growing past my six sholders I am much more beast than man."

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service