RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

New Rhett & Link website: Removal of "Kommunity" from site & GMM Episodes -updated 1st Sept

The official Rhett and Link website has been updated. 

What do you think of the new look?

(Yes at present that website removing the banner branding has also removed the banner from here)

The Kommunity is linked on the new website however it is now listed as "Fan Forum". 

Edit: Changed title because of discussion issues:

Issue 1) The Kommunity being referred to as a "Fan Forum"

Issue 2) The removal of the Kommunity url from GMM Episodes video description boxes since Aug 10th.

Edit 1st September

R&L have changed the link on the website from fan forum to Fan Kommunity and have reinstated the Kommunity url in the GMM episode description box.

Thank you Rhett and Link, sincerely from all of us

Views: 1573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like it, it looks very good. One thing I noticed though is that the scroll down text is very small on my huge resolution. I actually only just found it.

Could it be made to scale with resolution? I'm assuming it's larger for smaller resolutions.

Definitely 9/10 though, it looks very modern and now! (But i could be behind the times XD )

Please note before I get flammed to death that I'm new and unaware of any implications this might have had on the Kommunity.

Any and all comments I make must be taken with a pinch of salt :/

Ok Im sorry for double post but I didn't read everything properly,

I tried to sign up to the Beast Kommunity last week but had a problem with the email verification.

Today I tried to log in but it wouldn't work so I followed an old link I eventually found in my email.

The sad thing is: If I hadn't seen Beast Kommunity last week I doubt I would have signed up to a "Fan Forum" The Beast kommunity just sounded so much more inviting and interesting.

I worry this might put new members off, It certainly would have put me off.

I think that's a valid point. "Fan Forum" is very generic; it could be anything, and really only suggests something pretty bland. Calling it by its proper name -- the Kommunity, or even the Rhett and Link Kommunity -- demonstrates that it's an active, alive space and a community for fans to really participate in.

This is a shame! We should be known as a Kommunity! It isn't a Forum! We should stay the same!

Well said! Being called a "Fan Forum" definitely does NOT accurately describe what we are. Like you said, there is much more to us than that.

I'm very sad to see R&L distancing themselves from us this much. After all, they are the reason we're here in the first place. It's kind of a cold way to treat fans that are dedicated enough to join a site specifically for them. We're not just a fan base, we're a community in the truest sense of the word.

I still love their content and the guys themselves, I'm just disappointed in how things are progressing.

While I do prefer us to be called the Kommunity, it doesn't change who we are. We will remain loyal and mythical no matter what we are called. But I definitely agree with you that we shouldn't be just a "fan forum" because we are WAY more than that. However, part of being as mythical as we strive to be is not worrying about the labels being given to us, because we will remain the Kommunity and our values will stay the same. By the way, in no way am I trying to pick a fight or antagonize you, and I'm really sorry if I'm coming off that way.
I'm seriously going to cry. It's hard to breathe. I thought it was just my outdated device not allowing me to get to the links I wanted. I know that more people than I have more invested in their career than I, but I just got into an unintentional scuffle on the FB page with someone posting inappropriate or possibly hurtful posts. And I was proud to see other mythical beasts that I have met here jump in and start policing the thread in an adult manner. As I see it , this is the place it all really began for them. I know we are the best fans of Youtubers out there. We are dedicated, mature, friendly, loving and respectful. This just hurts!
Oh...and as I said in the discussion about the key being handed over....Link had said something like, 'Dont go get all Hollywood on us' as a comment a family member told him right before the road trip. Well, I just watched the GMM episode today where they were talking about whether or not to do the LA cheek kissing thing when they met people , and Rhett said, "HOLD ON TO YOUR ROOTS, KEEP YOUR ACCENT...what's wrong with you? Are you changing?" I'm afraid that is happening. Rant over..

now i see why u guys were upset i mean at first i was liek "they never said we were a fan forum!" but thats cuz i never checked the new website... but i understood the removal of the link to da komm

The old exclusive videos that were not on YouTube but uploaded direct to their old site, should in theory still exist in the server. As should the old banner in the /image folder on the server, that is of course if they didn't wipe it.

Since the switch over, we seem to he suffering here with bad lag: I don't know if it's server related or due to the fact it's trying to connect to the old url where the banner used to exist and thus taking longer to load the pages
Well, I have had time to cool off. I'm sure Squarespace is sponsoring somehow and the new website opens them up to more people interested in supporting them. If they don't give themselves the opportunity to make a living they won't be as driven to bring us new content. All we ask is the link say "Kommunity", right? This Kommunity doesn't "pay" them, other than those of us buying merch and doing free marketing for them. Maybe it would be nice for the guys to clear the air themselves about what this means for us. Are they on their way to shutting this space down completely? How much do those of us that chased this place down really matter? Are we just being too sensitive because we don't understand?

Well, they certainly better not be shutting this place down, haha...Rhett and Link recently passed the Kommunity into the hands of the fans so that it could keep being maintained by the moderators even when Rhett and Link themselves can't maintain it. So I don't think that's a possible outcome here.

But you're right -- you'd think that we warrant a little more recognitition than a generic "Fan Forum" at the very bottom of the page. Even using the proper name of the site would be an improvement.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service