RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Hi there!

Is there a project idea out there somewhere for Link's birthday this year? (for June 1, 2016) 

I haven't seen a thread posted yet here on the forum about it. And I know a lot of people are busy with school and things, so we probably don't have to do something as big as the book last year, which was really cool, but maybe something else that'll be manageable to put together and send easily and just as special! 

If anyone has any ideas, let's discuss, maybe in a group or private messaging (so Link doesn't see this just in case he wants to get spoiled, lol). :) What's the best method here? 

Gonna go ahead and throw some ideas I have: 

• a Link-themed rap or poem
  • collage of drawings already posted or not yet posted or created but will be created just for the birthday
  • if you're a gamer, maybe an image of Link as himself or a character he's played (or both) but in game-form, like a build in Minecraft of his likeness of your favorite version of him, or maybe a pixel art version of Link (I'd be happy to do this since I like those things, just a beginner though) (*note: I'm not good at Pixel art WITHIN Minecraft, just the separate things, so if someone made him as Pixel Art in MC, that'd be really awesome!) or some other game, then we'd just make a photo collage of all the characters, or video montage if someone knows how to do that :)
  • something to do with peanut butter, chocolate, pickles in chocolate, miniature horses, stuff he likes
  • unique Merle Haggard gift
  • something silly or ridiculous that relates to his humor

Of course, people will probably send him birthday gifts to their studio via mail, so I'm just thinking of something extra we can do online here for him. :) 

If there's something already out there in the works, please let me know! I'd love to be involved this year!

Suggestions? 

*Recent discussion of putting recorded noises & phrases he's said into a sampler, keyboard, soundboard, or portable device. 

*Update May 3:

I've made a group for this project. All would like to be involved, please join and discuss!

Ideal Deadline May 17 2016. Thank you! 

Views: 1405

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I've seen that and I just watched it again. LOVE it! XD 

(there needs to be a part 2, or 3 or something, of more noises, of each of the guys. It's been almost 3 years since that last one!) 

I have a ton of links to noises from old and a lot of recent episodes on the "Oh the Noises" link that Grace (Pheasphant) made including a bunch from this youtube video

Seems like we basically need some kind of sampler but then figure out how to activate those sounds if it were in something else. I don't know if that's possible.

I'm gonna look into it, but does anyone have any experience in making an app? That way the sounds are programed in and you can pull up which ones you want to use. Do you think that requires permission from Link himself to use his voice via recordings? Same if you did one w/ Rhett yelling or saying funny things, etc.

added: okay, so learning how and developing an app is going to take a LOT of time, so maybe not in time for his birthday. Unless you already know how to code or program quickly.

Other options?  

I've made a birthday poem for Link on the behalf of all the mythical beasts :)

Awesome! Are you going to send it to them for them to read or will it be shown here on the site? Either way, I look forward to seeing your creativity! :) 

I might post it here on the Kommuntiy unless there'll be something like a birthday book like there was last year.
Im devoting the whole day to only link themed things

How are we doing this exactly? are we making a folder on the Kommunity with all of the art and writing the Mythical Beasts have made and it is not a physical book? if we go with the sounds- (by the way I would LOVE to help figure out what sounds/noises/voices/quotes etc. should be used. I mean, its something that helps make me happy again doing it. Ask Grace I really really love finding these kind of things. ) is is it just from one person or all the beasts? are we just sending Link individual gifts on our own? I just need some clarification please

Sorry if anything was confusing for you. I started this as an open discussion thread, so we can brainstorm ideas and list things that we can do together for Link's birthday. If we all agree to do one particular thing, then we'll get started on doing that as a secret project. But if it comes down to where it gets close to the date, and we can't do one thing, then everyone can do what they can and what they want for him. I haven't set anything in stone as the project yet, so ideas are still open. Whatever we do has to be feasible. And, I don't mind if we end up doing different things or all the things we've come up with or people just do one thing on their own! I'm sure he'll appreciate it all! 

I was thinking of a digital collage of Link-related art, and it can come from here or the other social sites where people are active in that area. The main reason being is that there may be some people who end up creating something very close to his birthday and that way that art can easily be added in the collage, or we can set a deadline, if that's preferable. If we decided to print anything, maybe we can use Shutterfly or some other photo collage printing site to make something really cool! :) 

I'd like to do the sound effects thing, but honestly, and I've looked for advice on reddit, too, I have NO idea how to go about it. I need to ask around more and get some more advice. If anyone knows anyone in the music tech business or sound engineering or just any kind of audio work, freelance or pro, please ask for advice. I'd love to do this as well. I think a voting system would work well for what kind of sounds we would all agree on to use, just need to figure out how many and what we'll put the sounds into.

The other day, I was thinking about how I used to use a recorder in my 3rd and 4th grade classes and I think it would be neat if Link maybe had a unique one made by us. And maybe the sounds could come from the recorder when he presses certain keys, like those musical instrument toys for kids. (I know Link's not a kid, but you know what I mean, I hope.) 

Whatever our group project will end up being, if there will be one, it will be sent as, from the mythical beasts, and then a list of names of the members who were involved. I hope that helps a little bit more for you. I'm going to do my best to look more into it.

And just FYI, I'm taking prescribed medicine now and so I get really dizzy during the day and I'm trying to take things easy. (This week is a bit more free than most, so the timing is not too bad.) But, still if I don't get back to you, I will as soon as I can. :)

I think you did a great job at clearing it up. Now, just to think of something that is feasible and able to be done in a timely manner that is unique and he will enjoy....

Is there a discussion about this on Tumblr or anywhere else, by chance? I feel like maybe we could get some more ideas or suggestions for process?

*Update May 3:

I've made a group for this project. All would like to be involved, please join and discuss!

Ideal Deadline May 17 2016. Thank you! 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service