Sandwiches are usually what I make myself for lunch, and I'm always looking for some new type of sandwich recipe besides the usual Peanut Butter & Jelly or turkey slices on two pieces of bread. This recipe does have turkey slices but they are presented in a new way(at least for me it was new). I got this recipe off of a package of deli meat. Anyway, here's the recipe. If you try it out let me know how you liked it.
And if you have a new way to make an old sandwich please share them. Thanks!
Philadelphia Turkey Bagel
1 Honey Wheat Bagel
5-6 slices of Honey Roasted Turkey
2 slices of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 slices cooked bacon (I never added bacon to mine)
1 Tbsp whipped cream cheese
1 Tbsp apricot presserves
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1) Spread a thin layer of dijon mustard on each half of bagel
2) In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and apricot preserves
3) Spread thick layer of apricot cream cheese mixture on one half of bagel
4) On this half, layer turkey slices, cheddar cheese and then bacon
5) Top with remaining bagel half.
Enjoy! Happy Eating! :-)
To add crunch: add toasted cashews
To add extra flavor: add Vidalia or other sweet onions sauteed in brown sugar and butter.