RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Views: 157

Replies to This Discussion

With Dr. Who, every episode is a cliff hanger! But its still my favorite show!

How do you have an episode discussing TV cliffhangers and not even mention "Who Shot JR?"

On This Day in History:  November 21, 1980 . . . an estimated 350 million people around the world tune in to television's popular primetime drama "Dallas" to find out who shot J.R. Ewing, the character fans loved to hate. J.R. had been shot on the season-ending episode the previous March 21, which now stands as one of television's most famous cliffhangers. The plot twist inspired widespread media coverage and left America wondering "Who shot J.R.?" for the next eight months.  The November 21 episode solved the mystery, identifying Kristin Shepard, J.R.'s wife's sister and his former mistress, as the culprit.

"Who Done It?" was, at the time, the highest-rated television episode in U.S. history. It had a Nielsen rating of 53.3 and a 76% share, and it was estimated that 83 million people watched the episode, more than the number of voters in that year's presidential election. The previous record for a TV episode, had been the 1967 finale for The Fugitive. "Who Done It?" now sits second on the list, beaten in 1983 by the final episode of M*A*S*H.

Season 5 has come to an end . . . and that means it's POSTER TIME!

What an exciting ending! From the title I figured they would end on a cliff hanger (as they have in some of the past seasons), but I wasn't expecting the tv-mashup ending they did. XD I was quite pleased to see Link's cat eyeballs make a return.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service