RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Views: 175

Replies to This Discussion

Those who can, yodel.  Those who can not . . .

Seriously considering filming me yodeling and post it, but I'm skeered. This episode had me rolling. Lol

Take the challenge!  Could it possibly be worse than Link's?

YODELING - - - it's not just a Swiss thing anymore . . .

. . . and, finally, here is the very first recorded version of   "Mbube" (Zulu: lion) by Solomon Linda & The Evening Birds in 1931 which you will probably recognize but might know better as  "Wimoweh" or "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

Editor's Note: 

While researching to comment on today's topic (a.k.a. Wikipedia) the absolute best thing I found was without a doubt the following item . . .

British stage performances by yodelers were common in the nineteenth century.

Sir Walter Scott wrote in his June 4, 1830, journal entry that "Anne wants me to go hear the Tyrolese Minstrels but . . . I cannot but think their yodeling . . . is a variation upon the tones of a jackass."

Franz Lang known as the best yodler in the world born December 1930 in Munich in Germany

More than a year before Rhett and Link took the Yodel Challenge this video was posted on the R&L Kommunity by No (The Average Yodeler) 

I respectfully request that Rhett and Link not pursue yodeling any further...

I was a little disappointed at their how their interpretation got progressively looser during the practice sessions....I was amused at how fascinated Rhett was by Franzl Lang, though!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service