RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Christine (Raeful Ladybug) made me aware of the wonderful world of "Etsy".  From what I've learned so far, it's like eBay for crafters.  If you haven't checked it out yet, go to etsy.com and just search through "handmade" to see TONS of wonderful crafties in the form of knitted, paper, jewelry, you name it!!! 

I've been chatting with Christine about Etsy and am thinking of giving it a go.  I would like to hear from anyone if they have any experience with it?  And if nothing else, I recommend all you crafty critters check it out if only for "inspiration" on what others are doing.  I LOVE what I see there, especially the crafters who "upcycle" items in their crafts--and all the "vintage" items incorporated in their crafts.  It's just delightful!  It definitely inspired me and I might have to snag a few ideas! 

Discuss amongst yourselves!  :o)

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tammy & other fellow Crafty Critters,

Just some additional info about other on-line selling venues for crafts,

Besides Etsy there are other websites similar to Etsy (Etsy is probably the most well-known site of the craft sites), but if you're interested, stop by these other sites to see what you think.

Zibbet, http://www.zibbet.com/

Artfire, http://www.artfire.com/

1000 Markets, http://www.1000markets.com/

Maybe all of us crafty critters could start a co-operative mythical beast themed store. :)
I also wanted to mention that you can check out the Etsy forums to find out more about crafting, having a business, Etsy related issues, etc.
KOOL. Will be looking for sure.

Thanks for the info
You're welcome, Jeanette!

✞JeanetteWifeMoMhorphin✞ said:
KOOL. Will be looking for sure.

Thanks for the info
I have an Etsy shop (currently in "vacation mode") that I started a couple years ago. I did some graphic design jobs for a few people. Didn't make a lot of money, but I did get more than I expected. I definitely recommend setting up a shop there. Their fees are pretty low too, if I remember correctly. Good luck to you on your new Etsy endeavor!
That's funny Nikki, I was just thinking of you and Etsy when I saw your post on FB about sewing. The whole phemon of "upcycling" seems to be what you're onto--taking items and making them into something else/better. You could probably do pretty good with your sewing projects! Thanks for your input about Etsy, I'm going to probably set up shop once I'm more organized and ready.

Nikki Reed (Chickcharnie) said:
I have an Etsy shop (currently in "vacation mode") that I started a couple years ago. I did some graphic design jobs for a few people. Didn't make a lot of money, but I did get more than I expected. I definitely recommend setting up a shop there. Their fees are pretty low too, if I remember correctly. Good luck to you on your new Etsy endeavor!
I totally didn't even see this reply, but thank you Tammy! Did you get your shop set up?

Tammy (Landshark) said:
That's funny Nikki, I was just thinking of you and Etsy when I saw your post on FB about sewing. The whole phemon of "upcycling" seems to be what you're onto--taking items and making them into something else/better. You could probably do pretty good with your sewing projects! Thanks for your input about Etsy, I'm going to probably set up shop once I'm more organized and ready.

Nikki Reed (Chickcharnie) said:
i love the fact that you can request custom items from the esty shops
i know etsy is pretty awesome and they arent allowed to sell anything but homemade, vintage, or supplies for crafts so u know ur getting something original and great every time u buy something. i bought a really cute clock necklace from them i reall like it ^^

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service