RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

I can't believe no one has started this discussion! =) Well anyway, now it's here. So feel free to post a poem, short story, or whatever you want. I'm sure we'll all be happy to provide constructive criticism. ^-^

Views: 326

Replies to This Discussion

Here's some silliness that popped into my head about our favorite Internetainers.

One for Link:

A thirsty young fellow named Link
Sang high notes that really did stink;
He said, “It should matter,
So I’ll stand on a ladder.”
Now his hi C’s as sweet as the drink.

One for Rhett:

This musical fellow named Rhett’ll
Pound out a beat on a kettle.
His pluck of guitar
Will carry him far,
But his pref’rence is still heavy metal.

I have a few others. If you like these, I'll post them. :)
Love it
OMG Those are so good and funny!!!!! Please post more!

Barbara Nelson said:
Blame Amaryllis. She asked for more. :)

For Rhett:

Inherited from his great granny,
Rhett’s supernote was quite uncanny;
He could sing a long note
Without hurting his throat,
While looking just like his Aunt Fanny.

For Link:

Ol’ Link was no snow boarding fool;
His dancing while boarding was cool;
“Hey, look, I’m like Elvis,
Whoops, there goes my pelvis.
Have I said this before? Don’t be cruel.”
Very cute
HAHA! Those were awesome! You've definitely got a gift. =D

Adventure/Action/Fantasy/Fiction, writer, I am working on a series about Vampires-Werewolves-The Racrayoll-And good o'l Jack Stevenson! But what I am going to post is a side story to the ones with Jack in them.

It was a dark night, a full moon watched the earth from above. This story takes place in the 15th century, when everyone carried a silver dagger. In a small village that under the shadow of a castle is where I begin this tale. In a local inn, known for a game called 'cups'. You put six dice in a cup, tell what numbers will be on the dice. The person who guesses closest to the truth wins. While several men were doing this a dark figure walked in, he was in a dark black cloak, and he smelled like he had been living in a bog for the last ten years. But what they thought of him was far from the truth. He walked to a small booth and sat down, he took off his cloak and doing so decreased the smell he was emitting. He just sat there with a look of hate on his face, one of the men playing Cups walked over to him.
"Why don't you play with us?" He asked.
"You don't want me to do that." He replied.
"What's your name? And why not?" The man asked again.
"Call me Tajiin, the reason I am not playing is: that I tend to be... lucky." Tajiin answered.
The man still persisted, so just to shut him up Tajiin decided to play.
"I call a full six." He told them.
"What? Six six's? That's crazy!" They told him.
He smiled as he rolled the dice, as he said it landed perfectly. They all cheered at that, he went again.
"The golden ladder, yes one of each." Tajiin told them.
It did it again, perfect. They didn't cheer but they got mad. The stood up one by one pulling out knives, all except one. He made a snarl as he noticed they were silver knives. He ran and hit each of them and the sat back down, but this time he had changed. Changed into a Werewolf, scared and surprised they all ran out. All but one that is, as soon as everyone had left the one man stood up. He spread leathery wings from his cloak revealing that he was a Vampire. That's when Tajiin noticed his eyes, they glowed a blood red. Tajiin let out a yell.
"Ahh, Tajiin the Ragno! So good to find you, the price on your head is enticing!" He said as he pulled out a sword.
"Most anyone else would take being called a dog an insult, but not. Why? Because it's true." He said as he noticed he had shifted appearance.
"I notice you carry a sword, doesn't that go against the WeiRag code?" The Vampire asked.
"It's pronounced: WereRowel, and your eyes make you a target for all Werewolves." Tajiin told him.
"Especially after the great Tajiin falls by my hand!" He said as he lurched forward.
Tajiin put a garlic necklace in front of him, the Vampire fell back in fear. Tajiin jumped through the window and ran off.
If there are any words you don't recognize then they are in a different dialect, just tell me what words and I will translate.

Jack Stevenson (The Racrayoll) said:
I am a Adventure/Action/Fantasy/Fiction, writer, I am working on a series about Vampires-Werewolves-The Racrayoll-And good o'l Jack Stevenson! But what I am going to post is a side story to the ones with Jack in them. It was a dark night, a full moon watched the earth from above. This story takes place in the 15th century, when everyone carried a silver dagger. In a small village that under the shadow of a castle is where I begin this tale. In a local inn, known for a game called 'cups'. You put six dice in a cup, tell what numbers will be on the dice. The person who guesses closest to the truth wins. While several men were doing this a dark figure walked in, he was in a dark black cloak, and he smelled like he had been living in a bog for the last ten years. But what they thought of him was far from the truth. He walked to a small booth and sat down, he took off his cloak and doing so decreased the smell he was emitting. He just sat there with a look of hate on his face, one of the men playing Cups walked over to him.
"Why don't you play with us?" He asked.
"You don't want me to do that." He replied.
"What's your name? And why not?" The man asked again.
"Call me Tajiin, the reason I am not playing is: that I tend to be... lucky." Tajiin answered.
The man still persisted, so just to shut him up Tajiin decided to play.
"I call a full six." He told them.
"What? Six six's? That's crazy!" They told him.
He smiled as he rolled the dice, as he said it landed perfectly. They all cheered at that, he went again.
"The golden ladder, yes one of each." Tajiin told them.
It did it again, perfect. They didn't cheer but they got mad. The stood up one by one pulling out knives, all except one. He made a snarl as he noticed they were silver knives. He ran and hit each of them and the sat back down, but this time he had changed. Changed into a Werewolf, scared and surprised they all ran out. All but one that is, as soon as everyone had left the one man stood up. He spread leathery wings from his cloak revealing that he was a Vampire. That's when Tajiin noticed his eyes, they glowed a blood red. Tajiin let out a yell.
"Ahh, Tajiin the Ragno! So good to find you, the price on your head is enticing!" He said as he pulled out a sword.
"Most anyone else would take being called a dog an insult, but not. Why? Because it's true." He said as he noticed he had shifted appearance.
"I notice you carry a sword, doesn't that go against the WeiRag code?" The Vampire asked.
"It's pronounced: WereRowel, and your eyes make you a target for all Werewolves." Tajiin told him.
"Especially after the great Tajiin falls by my hand!" He said as he lurched forward.
Tajiin put a garlic necklace in front of him, the Vampire fell back in fear. Tajiin jumped through the window and ran off.
You inspired me to try and write one too! So here goes:

Rhett and Link, They don't stink,
But they don't mind pink,
They were on a show called brink,
But now it's in the sink,
Why is that? Do you think it's Rhett&Link?

Barbara Nelson said:
Here's some silliness that popped into my head about our favorite Internetainers.

One for Link:

A thirsty young fellow named Link
Sang high notes that really did stink;
He said, “It should matter,
So I’ll stand on a ladder.”
Now his hi C’s as sweet as the drink.

One for Rhett:

This musical fellow named Rhett’ll
Pound out a beat on a kettle.
His pluck of guitar
Will carry him far,
But his pref’rence is still heavy metal.

I have a few others. If you like these, I'll post them. :)
Cute
This is a true story with all names changed, it's not the best detail, I can't remember it all.

It had been a good day, I had gotten my chores done, it was my first night in the youth group. I was excited, I had been waiting about two years for this day. I got ready to go, grabbed my Bible, it was only 2:45 but open gym was at 3:00. I got my shoes on, I wanted to get there early. Secretly I had another reason for wanting to go, Alex Graclyn. She was one of the only people moving up with me, she was pretty, somewhat smart, and a Christian. It had been rumored that I wasn't the only guy to have a "crush" on her. My two best friends, although they denied it. I heard footsteps, it was time to go, I smiled as I ran out the door. The only thing about Alex was, well, rumors. Me being the 13 year old I was didn't know not too listen to those, really the controversy had started a few months before. My sister and Alex were best of friends, but something, or someone, we didn't know which, was destroying their friendship. I don't think they were on "speaking terms." It was hard for my sister, Alex was her best friend, like a sister to her. I was desperate, or so I thought, no one else could tell. It never seemed that I was noticed, it was getting old and frustrating. I was sitting in or truck, for people all squashed in there. And then I heard someone yelling at me: "Jack! Jack! Get up! It's after 10:30!!" I turned over, it was a dream, more of a flashback then a dream. "It's summer, I'll stay in bed for another hour." I went back to sleep, another flashback. But this one more recent. It was the Sunday morning before VBS, I had been thinking about helping but was reluctant. I was leaning towards doing the sound system for my brother, he didn't want to do it at all. We had just dismissed Sunday school, I was hyperactive as always.
"Are you helping with VBS Jack?" Alex asked.
"I don't know yet, I might, probably not." I answered.
"What are you doing Alex?" Our Sunday school teacher asked her.
"I might help with the music for the little kids." She replied.
Being the strategist I am i got thinking about it. "If i do the sound maybe I will get to spend more time with her." I walked out of the room. "Jack!! Get up now! This is the second time, come on we have chores to do!!" I woke up, I then sat up so I wouldn't go back to sleeping. I got to thinking about that plan, it had failed like everything else. I got to thinking, after VBS I went and broke my heel while playing with my brother. Great idea to jump off the barn, but I decided to have a little fun with it, I told people I was chased by a raccoon with a chainsaw. Because of that, I missed a youth trip I had been looking forward to, instead I sent little messages of encouragement. It got kinda awkward to send them to Alex, but it helped me, well it made me realize that I didn't really have that "crush" anymore. I got thinking, why did I 'like' her? What was it? The fact that she laughed at my lame jokes? Well, allot of people did that. I stood up and grabbed a shirt, it was a saturday, meaning, drama train was about to land. I had realized that it wasn't summer, it was during the school year. I walked out and looked at the clock on the stove, 11:56, almost a record, but off by an hour. I walked to the bathroom, combed my hair and went into the living room. My little brother was watching TV, was about to ask for the remote when my sister came in and yanked me by my arm towards the kitchen. I sat back down, I wasn't going to be dragged around like a dog on a leash.
"Jack, come here!" She told me with a look in her eyes.
I walked into the kitchen with her.
"What Larina, what this time?" I asked in sleepy sarcasm.
"Guess what Keven told Alex!" She she told.
Already knowing the answer I answered.
"That he likes her?" I asked.
"Yep." She answered.
"I'm not going on rumors." I told her. When actually thinking: "I'm not going on rumors, again."

Currently working on what I'm calling a Cybernoir story by the title of Solo X(A "Solo" is a hired killer/mercenary and "X" refers to his lack of name, sorta like Person X & person Y, etc.). The concept is kind of William Gibson meet Raymond Chandler.

I've posted a WIP Excerpt here: http://rhettandlinkommunity.com/profiles/blogs/wip-solo-x-introduction

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service