RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

I know that this is the RhettandLinKommunity, but the Grateful Dead has its 'Dead Heads,' Jimmy Buffett has 'Parrot Heads.' Not that we have to be 'Heads' of any sort, but I was wondering what Rhett and Link fans call themselves. Do we have a cool name too, or are we just fans? 'Kommies' doesn't cut it for me. Any suggestions or is there a name I don't know about?

Views: 3131

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

My final suggestion (maybe): Video Heads.

I like iRaLF but I can't get past the connotation.

I like Internetainees, but it's a mouthful.

Unibrowser is still one of my favorites, but I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever find the truly perfect name. LOL
Kommics ...?
Rhettlinkers..?

RAL lovers...?
RAL heads...?
Linkin' Rhetts...?

my mind can't figure this out. What do I call myself? I have to think.
Peanutbutter Heads

For those of you who watched the last live Kast (have a good summer show) Rhett and Link revealed that they set up a new domain name: internetpeanutbutter.com. It takes you straight to Rhett and Link's home page.

Go ahead, spread it around! :o)
LOL I love it. It fits and it's non-offensive, unless you're allergic to it. ;)
the Packet Addicts
I think it says that Rhett&Link don't pidgeonhole easily! They're the ones who are diverse! I like Jackstone's point and have now decided I prefer my own suggestion of "The Internetained," and simply, "The Kommunity." That's this week.
So true, it's hard to pidgeonhole Rhett&Link. Plus the names just don't seem to coincidentally lend themselves to an easy and clever handle. I've given my own suggestions, but to be honest right now I'd vote for "The Internetained" because it's a word that (I believe) they coined and broadly captures their content and purpose. That's my opinion (for this week anyway).
That's my opinion/reasoning as well. It seems like the other front runners in this debate are completely new creations/acronyms. Why anybody is suggesting that we try to fit "Kommunity" into it I don't quite understand, because it's brand new to the R&L lore.

Rhett and Link are self-professed "Internetainers," and we are their "Internetainees." (Like the difference between Employer and Employee)

Sound logic. I prefer Internetainees over "The Internetained" for the reason I just described, and also because I think it fits better as a part of speech. The prior is a noun, while the latter is an adjective (which with "the" added in front works like a noun, but to me feels awkward to say).

If there aren't enough on the Internetainees bandwagon I would settle for Internetained.
I vote for "The Internetained". Anyone that knows R&L will know exactly what that means, and instantly identify with it. It's simple and descriptive. R&L, it would make a great T-shirt, don't you think?
I do prefer internetianees rather than the internetained. You can say hello internetainees a lot easier than hello to the internetained. I mean, imagine if you were to do the kommunity update. You would have to say something like, "Hello to the Internetained" rather than "Hello Internetainees." Which is easier? Although it is a little long (5 syllables) it plays on part of the Rhett and Link legacy (Internetainers/Internetainment) which I believe should remain intact when giving ourselves a name.
Thank you for seeing my view!

I think the legacy is way more important than having something short and simple that doesn't really have a history outside this conversation.
Totally disagree :)

Internetainees sounds (as someone reference to Gitmo earlier) that this is forced on us. However, Internetained - that sounds like we have received something good out of this.

It definitely goes with the Legacy as well. I count myself among the Internetained. How about you?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service