RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Should Link Change His Hairstyle? (AKA Link's New Hairdo For The Win!)

-EDIT-

On today's GMMore (Christmas 2015!), Link stated that he only wants approval for his new hairstyle (which most of us have seen) and doesn't want to be chided for it. So in retaliation (that's probably the wrong word) and compliance to that, FOR GOODNESS SAKE, do not be mean and do not complain or protest his new hairstyle! As I've stated numerous times before, it's his life and it's his hair! The previous posts are below so read them if you wish. LINK'S NEW HAIRSTYLE FOR THE WIN!

-EDIT-

(20/12/15) Link's hair is up! Look in the comments to see it and read the stuff below for more context...

-EDIT-

On today's GMM (7/12/15), Link obviously got a haircut (I'm certain he cut it himself) prior to the episode and it's probably going to be like that for a while. His wings are virtually non-existent now. I know that just for making this discussion seems a bit judgemental and shallow as we are just talking about someone's hairstyle but I want to know what people think. Do you think that the absence of Link's wings is good? Either way, Link's wings are probably going to be really mythical now - both imaginary and awesome (but some of his wings are still there). Consider the other people's comments but don't chastise them for their opinions if they happen to differ from your own. Remember - "Opinions are like buttholes: everybody's got one and they usually stink" (Link said that). And be nice! It's his bleedin' hair and his bleedin' life! BYMB!

Original post is below -

On today's Good Mythical More episode (9/9/2015) "Should Link's hair go up?", it was revealed that 75% of Mythical Beasts like Rhett's hairstyle better than Link's. Link, Rhett and the crew then started to experiment with Link's hair. Link's new hairstyles mainly consisted of no wings and his fringe going up. Should Link make his hair go up? I would usually think that most would think he shouldn't as there is a whole song about hair going up and down so the song would be "My hair goes up. My hair goes up" rather than the latter being down. Also, there is a group on this Kommunity with people whose hair goes down and Link's iconic hairstyle is a part of the logo but he really should get to decide (although the logo HAS been changed before and in the old logo, Link didn't even have his glasses!). Watch the video to view the hairstyles or watch the end of the 7th Mythical Show episode to see another one. You can also look at the "Our Bad Hairstyles" episode to see his hairstyles from when he was younger or just watch older videos. Of course, there have been many different hair configurations such as Rhett's chinstrap, Link's moustache and Link's beard being introduced but then being changed but if Link changes his hair, it would defy them all. Please let us know of your opinion (but don't be mean) and feel free to photoshop some new hairstyle suggestions! Just keep in mind that it is his decision and we cannot pressure or coerce him into keeping/changing his hairstyle. It's his life and it's his hair. Same with Rhett (although I think he's pretty proud of his survey-winning hair). 

Views: 4714

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People always freak out when a YouTuber with an "iconic" hairstyle changes it. It seems this particularly happens with men, maybe because women are more likely to try different hairstyles (color, length, styling, etc.) over time than men. See Shane Dawson and Anthony Padilla (of SMOSH) for examples. But those despairing fans got over themselves, and the guys in question look quite a bit better and more grown up with their updated hairstyles.

I think Link could also do with an update, personally. He's mentioned many times in the past that he gets comments about having a "13-year-old's hair," which I don't think he particularly enjoys. Songs made about their hair in the past shouldn't dictate their hair in the present or future...and I don't think Link's hair as it appears in the logo is so specific that people wouldn't be able to associate it to him anymore after a change.

If he finds something he likes better, I wouldn't even question it if he shows up looking different one day.

I agree to that so much. If it makes him happy to change it, change it. Some people need to learn to accept change, i'm pretty sure they change their hairstyle many times within years and just because Link has a fan base, doesn't mean people will not like him as much over a new hairstyle. Personally I think Link would look great with a new hairstyle but as I said with my comment, I'll love him either way.

You are absolutely right. He should be able to do whatever makes him happy (but some may not be happy about that)

Very true...

I love his old hairstyle. I voted for him in the first place. And I don't want to see him change. Please don't change Link!!! :(

I won't stop watching GMM because of it, but I love his old style. My hair goes down too......but, if he makes it go up, that's fine. Mine also goes up sometimes.

I'm one of the 25% that voted for Link :-) But I'm happy as long as he's happy. I love his hair now but if he wants to change it, it's his choice. He's the one that has to live with it and be happy with it. 

NO LINK SHOULDN'T CHANGE HIS HAIR!! I VOTED FOR LINK'S HAIR

NO WAY!  It's perfection as is!

agreed

and I agree with your agreement! :D 

I honestly really like the way his hair currently. But, if he wants to change his hair, that's his decision, and I am sure it will look great.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service