RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Hey Kommunity, I know I haven't been on here long but I was hoping I could get some support from you all. My siblings and I entered a video contest on YouTube and it would be a major boon to my family if we could win.

We've made it into the top 16 but it's up to the public to vote for the winners! So, if you're willing, we could really use your vote!

Just click here https://www.youtube.com/user/DiscoverHyundai, go to "vote" at the top, and find my video. (My username is 4isling and my video is the one with the rainbow colored umbrella.) Then just click to watch it and give it a thumbs up!

Special note! You can vote once everyday until May 23. Please do this for us!

(Also, if I'm breaking any kommunity rules by posting this, I'm really sorry and I won't do it again.)

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

gumbo..... i get your point.... that it isn't fair.... but you didn't have to write THE NETHERLANDS wrong... and count to ten and maybe you'll be able to find a way to make her win >:D but serieusly.... the nethlands?????

Gumbo123 said:

Okay, so now I'm really angry ! ! !

yeah, sorry guys, but that's not really me in the pic

I know that this contest was open to any and all who wished to submit an entry - - - hundreds of entries from around the world and the final 16 includes contestants from USA (4), Russia (5) Brazil (4) Canada, Australis and The Nethlands - - - but it's really dificult to understand that Hyundai and their advertising consultants would allow a "professional" YouTuber to compete against you and the other finalists, who are clearly amateur status.  Here the voting results clearly get away from skill level and it becomes a pure popularity contest.  Let's take a look at the competition . . . here's the "tell of the tape" (to borrow an old boxing cliché) comparing Alice,  Flippy Cat and the other finalists . . .

with apoligies to Femke and all the other Dutch MB's - - reposting with spell check complete

Okay, so now I'm really angry ! ! !

yeah, sorry guys, but that's not really me in the pic

I know that this contest was open to any and all who wished to submit an entry - - - hundreds of entries from around the world and the final 16 includes contestants from USA (4), Russia (5), Brazil (4), Canada, Australia and The Netherlands - - - but it's really difficult to understand that Hyundai and their advertising consultants would allow a "professional" YouTuber to compete against you and the other finalists, who are clearly amateur status.  Here the voting results clearly get away from skill level and it becomes a pure popularity contest.  Let's take a look at the competition . . . here's the "tell of the tape" (to borrow an old boxing cliché) comparing Alice,  Flippy Cat and the other finalists . . .

sorry, but you'll most likely have to click on the picture to enlarge and see YouTube profile stats

Your indignation is comforting, Gumbo, even if the face is not. As I said before I'm not giving up and besides, even if we don't win 1st, the fact that we've made it this far is a major achievement and we're blessed that we've been giving this chance. Thanks for supporting us, Mythical Beasts!
Haha Yeah. And I read in the contest rules that Hyndai reserves the right to judge differently than just on votes, and that 1st will be 1st depending on how well it suits contest requirements including creativity and such. Soo... that gives me a bit more hope, but my thought it that with the MB behind us, and (HOPEFULLY) news of this spreading over facebook like wildfire, we can top MoreFlippyCat anyway! :D So keep voting guys, we still have 10 days to spread the news!
I'm voting for you! :)
Yes! Thank you! Every single person counts! :D

Phoebe (Beeliz) said:
I'm voting for you! :)
Is there any way to see how many votes each video has so far?
No, there isn't. :( It's just a vote of faith I guess. :P

Kevin (UniSeal) said:
Is there any way to see how many votes each video has so far?

HALFWAY POINT! We only have 7 more days left guys! This is truly exciting and suspenseful as it draws toward the end, so keep voting and spreading the word! Whatever happens, I'm super happy we made the video, and have made it this far! And It's amazing to know that people are backing us up!

Thanks guys!

Please keep voting everyone!

Just four more days now. Thanks everyone who's been voting and spreading the word! Please keep it up, as the contest draws to a close! :D Every vote counts!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service