RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

In the episode "Eel slap to the face" Rhett and Link mention the fake site octopusslap.com.

It's hard to believe it, but it's been a year since that episode aired! I don't think a lot of people realized this, but unlike rhettandlick.com, octopus slap was not an official GMM site. I made it quickly as soon as I heard Rhett make up the domain.

The domain cost me $10, and I talk about how I made it on my blog. That's the cool news! The sad news, is I only paid for one year!

In a couple of days, the domain will expire and I'll no longer have control over it anymore. I thought I would give it one last post. Once I lose it, someone else will be able to buy it if they want to, most likely at the same price.

I see no reason to keep paying for the website, but I did have a lot of fun making the site and from the posts/tweets people made about it. Thank you all! I'm going to continue hosting it here, but without the URL it won't be the same :P

Views: 532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my gosh! This website is awesome! It's even better than eelslap.com (because it's more satisfying to virtually hit someone in the face with an octopus than an eel (especially if you're hitting Rhett (no offense to him)))! 

I love it when Mythical Beasts make websites with domains that RL made up i.e. www.unclerogersfoodblog.com (but I don't think someone has made a proper website out of that)

THIS IS INCREADIBLE!!!!!!! Its so fun!!! you're very cleaver

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service