RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

What if there was a Mythical Meetup in each state on the same day, just to meet other Beasts from your state? Obviously Rhett and Link could not go to them all, but if we decided on a place and time to meet, maybe Rhett and Link could announce it in a video so everyone would know. The meetup would have to take place in the middle of the state, and some of the teeny tiny states could probably just have one meetup for a few states. I don't know about other countries, maybe they could have meetups too.

MythiCon will be held in the U.S. on the third Saturday in August, which is the 17th.

. If you would like to suggest a location, just leave a comment, and you can check out all the official locations so far on the map that Gumbo made: http://batchgeo.com/map/6d47d99bc13fb7cdee0d62839da5181c

UPDATE: MythiCon will officially start at 1 p.m. Also, I need one person from each state to be a "state captain" of sorts. They would do two things:

-One, bring a sign so that any beasts could see it and know where to go;
-Keep the conversation running, making sure that everyone gets to meet each other;
-And bring a medium sized box. Everyone else can bring a little something for the mail boulder (really little, maybe 2" high?) Then the state leader would mail it to Rhett and Link. The leader doesn't have to be the person who suggested the location, although if that person wanted to they would have dibs on the position.

I hope all of you will attend MythiCon 2013 :D

My MythiCon poster

This discussion is now closed, more info will be coming for MythiCon 2014 soon:) Toodles!

Views: 11687

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

North Carolina's Oficial MythiCon Plans

The time is 1p.m. on August 17th. 

Mythicon will take place in the food court of Concord Mills mall. 

I will be bringing a poster board and markers so all the beast in attendance can decorate and write messages on it for Rhett and Link. I will mail the poster and all the items for The Mythical Mail Bolder to Rhett and Link.

I will also bring a bag for items for The Mythical Mail Bolder. So bring small items for The Mythical Mail Bolder.  

We will start out the event with a Rhett and Link themed Table Talk. Table Talk is something the Sourcefed channel does. It is basically a bowl filled with random questions. Only these questions are going to be Rhett and Link themed. 

There will also be a Rhett and Link trivia game. This will be sort of like Jeopardy only, there will not be any categorys. 

We will be doing a Good Mythical Morning intro too.  

The food court is pretty open so it should be easy to find the event. This is a fan based event for all ages. Bring your family and friends. If any one has questions or ideas let me know. 

@ Rachel - - are you going to make a discussion thread just for the NC locals to discuss on?  I know it's last minute but that was a recent suggestion that others are doing.  Helps to keep things moving along.

If you do, I will add that link to the MythiCon map database.

THANKS - - - good luck and enjoy MythCon-NC

I can but, I will have to do it latter on tonight.

There may not be a trivia game at North Carolina's Mythicon but there will still be a Rhett and Link themed table talk. 

You are very welkomm, Anil . . . one is happy to serve.

• CON - - Google map in Turkey does not have the "street view" function which I like to use for a virtual drive around an unfamiliar area to plan my trip before ever getting in the car    
  • PRO - - appareantly the Turks and/or visitors on holiday to Istanbul own digital cameras (a lot of them) and know how to use them, so we Yanks can still enjoy a sampling of what a nice sunny day at Gezi Park is like

With crowds like this you will need a very large sign to attact any other MBs in the area . . .

I would go to the meetup in Turkey, if Istanbul were still Constantinople...

:D Love that song

You can't go back to Constantinople. :(

Thanks Anil! 

I decided to do a little virtual touristing, dropped my v-self down right in the middle of the Taksim Cumhuriyet Aniti, spun around for the 360-degree view and this was the first thing I noticed . . . (click to enlarge)

I bet they make a great Turkey Burger, huh?

mmmmmm . . . Tastes like Tavuk!

Hello!

I didn't see that Justine posted the link to the California MythiCon discussion, so here it is :)

http://rhettandlinkommunity.com/forum/topics/mythicon-2013-californ...

Sorry if you did and I just missed it...I scrolled back a few pages though.

If you are in Cali. and you are going to be attending, go check in and  join in on the discussion! Or just share how EXCITED you are!!  :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service