RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

What if there was a Mythical Meetup in each state on the same day, just to meet other Beasts from your state? Obviously Rhett and Link could not go to them all, but if we decided on a place and time to meet, maybe Rhett and Link could announce it in a video so everyone would know. The meetup would have to take place in the middle of the state, and some of the teeny tiny states could probably just have one meetup for a few states. I don't know about other countries, maybe they could have meetups too.

MythiCon will be held in the U.S. on the third Saturday in August, which is the 17th.

. If you would like to suggest a location, just leave a comment, and you can check out all the official locations so far on the map that Gumbo made: http://batchgeo.com/map/6d47d99bc13fb7cdee0d62839da5181c

UPDATE: MythiCon will officially start at 1 p.m. Also, I need one person from each state to be a "state captain" of sorts. They would do two things:

-One, bring a sign so that any beasts could see it and know where to go;
-Keep the conversation running, making sure that everyone gets to meet each other;
-And bring a medium sized box. Everyone else can bring a little something for the mail boulder (really little, maybe 2" high?) Then the state leader would mail it to Rhett and Link. The leader doesn't have to be the person who suggested the location, although if that person wanted to they would have dibs on the position.

I hope all of you will attend MythiCon 2013 :D

My MythiCon poster

This discussion is now closed, more info will be coming for MythiCon 2014 soon:) Toodles!

Views: 11687

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Carousel mall, definitely!!!

Can't wait to see you there! :)
I'm the leader for Michigan but I can't come. If anyone from Michigan would like to take my place feel free to do so

Wait never mind its "Destiny USA" now. Ugggggh I hate the new name.

North Carolina MythiCon Plans so far:

The time is 1p.m. on August 17th. 

Mythicon will take place in the food court of Concord Mills mall. 

I will be bringing a poster board so all the beast in attendance can write messages on it for Rhett and Link. 

I will also bring a bag for items for The Mythical Mail Bolder. So bring small items for The Mythical Mail Bolder. 

We will start out the event with a Rhett and Link themed Table Talk. Table Talk is something the Sourcefed channel does. It is basically a bowl filled with random questions. Only these questions are going to be Rhett and Link themed. I would also like to put together a Rhett and Link quiz game, but it would be great if someone else could put that together.

It would be great if someone could take care of the intro for GMM.  

See you there it is going to be Mythical! Please Let Me know if you can come! This is going to be a fan based event for all ages, so bring your friends and family. Also, if you want to help plan or have any ideas just write them with your reply. There will be more updates and information to follow.

New York MythiCon plans-
-Starts August 17th @ 1 p.m.
-We will be meeting in the food court of the Syracuse Mall (Destiny USA)
-I have a few games planned, one of which may require you to embarass yourself a bit, but all in good fun.
-As said before, bring something small for the mail boulder.
-We will be making a GMM intro video, hopefully in front of (or on) the carousel.
- I will have a poster with me so that everyone can find the spot, and everyone can sign it, and I'll send it to R&L along with the mail boulder things.

Also; I will be decorating the MythiCon poster with pictures of different Mythical Beasts, so if you're from NY, RSVP and leave a description of your mythical beast, and I'll draw it on the poster.

Gahhh, I wish I could go

MYTHICON CALIFORNIA UPDATES

We may be going to the Americana across the street but as a group at around 3ish. Bring a hat or wear sunscreen. It might be a hot one! :)

Bring some things for the Mythical Boulder!

Since we're at the food court, you can eat there but you're in charge of buying the food.

The GMM intro is planned to be in front of the fountain at the Americana.

The only reason we might be going outside is because 1) it's nice out and a beautiful place to be 2) the Galleria might be packed with people because its a weekend and 3) some games will be played outside :)

REMEMBER:

It's August 17 at 1p.m.

Glendale Galleria food court (look for the gals with a sign ;) )

Bring a hat or some water when we go to the Americana

Can't wait to see you guys there! :)
Oh and please RSVP and send in some ideas! That would be much appreciated. :)
This is awesome! Thankfully I can make it to some of the ones on the New England area, do you know of any unofficial places in Maryland?
This is awesome! Thankfully I can make it to some of the ones on the New England area, do you know of any unofficial places in Maryland?

I don't live there, but personally I think "Frederick" would be ideal, most mythical beasts in Maryland are from around that area.

Thatd be soooo cool who lives in SC abd wants to make this happen?!?!?!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service