RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

What if there was a Mythical Meetup in each state on the same day, just to meet other Beasts from your state? Obviously Rhett and Link could not go to them all, but if we decided on a place and time to meet, maybe Rhett and Link could announce it in a video so everyone would know. The meetup would have to take place in the middle of the state, and some of the teeny tiny states could probably just have one meetup for a few states. I don't know about other countries, maybe they could have meetups too.

MythiCon will be held in the U.S. on the third Saturday in August, which is the 17th.

. If you would like to suggest a location, just leave a comment, and you can check out all the official locations so far on the map that Gumbo made: http://batchgeo.com/map/6d47d99bc13fb7cdee0d62839da5181c

UPDATE: MythiCon will officially start at 1 p.m. Also, I need one person from each state to be a "state captain" of sorts. They would do two things:

-One, bring a sign so that any beasts could see it and know where to go;
-Keep the conversation running, making sure that everyone gets to meet each other;
-And bring a medium sized box. Everyone else can bring a little something for the mail boulder (really little, maybe 2" high?) Then the state leader would mail it to Rhett and Link. The leader doesn't have to be the person who suggested the location, although if that person wanted to they would have dibs on the position.

I hope all of you will attend MythiCon 2013 :D

My MythiCon poster

This discussion is now closed, more info will be coming for MythiCon 2014 soon:) Toodles!

Views: 11687

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'm near Rivertown Mall, in Michigan (GR area)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I live in michigan but the rivertown mall is 2 hours away. My parents won't drive me!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Im so sad. ::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( This is cool, but to far. Noo! :(
Theres a mall called Somerset mall. It's huge! It's within 1.5-2.5 hours of Ohio.
I'd come, but I'm like 2-3 hours away. If its like Somerset mall. Or partridge creek.
I wood but I'm too far. I live in Michigan
Me too!
Wait I'm confused on the map it lists me on the map as a host for the meetup in Alabama what does that mean?

you were first in Alabama and suggested the spot . . . so get busy rounding up some more Bamites to meet with your mythical self.

U got it chief!

A lot of people are missing the point of this KBE, so . . .  HERE IS THE DEAL: 

None of the locations in the list  K-La V has placed in the discussion header or on the mapping tool that I created is absolute or set in stone.  The whole idea is to encourage a lot of MBs to get together in local meet-ups on the same day, since it's never feasible for a lot to travel across country to eat lunch and reminisce about their favorite Rhett and Link things. 

The map pins only indicate the place first suggested in each state and the person who suggested it as the HOST.  Since they are involved in the discussion and not just a passive viewer, one should assume that they are willing to meet at the location they suggest on the given date. 

But if they are the only person within 500 miles of the Buttscratch South Dakota (no offence UniSeal) Mall and there ten others can meet easier in another city across the state, then I'm sure something can be worked out.  If there are only two of you in one state and you live an hour away from each other, negotiate a spot somewhere in the middle. 

Please don't whine that it's too far away for your to travel . . . start a meet-up closer to you if you can get more MBs to show up.  Same goes for the meeting time.  It's up to the folks in Alabama to determine when to drive to the mall in Birmingham . . . Don't ask Michigan to tell you when.

Discuss - Negotiate - Compromise - Get'er Done!

FIND SOMEBODY NEAR YOU AND TALK AMONGST YOURSELVES

Manitoba anyone?
What exactly is the host in charge of? And if so (I know this is a cowardly move) can I step down from being host?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service