RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

I've only ever lived in Missouri, and I'm not quite sure what to post here that identifies the state.

In the Civil War there was a big controversy over whether Missouri would be a free state or a slave state ending in the Missouri Compromise. My American History professor was sure to make sure we all knew that as certified Missourians.

We're known for not believing in anything until we are shown proof (thus we are the Show Me State).

People like to complain that Missouri has a mind of it's own when it comes to weather. It can be bright and sunny one day and then snowing the next, but I'm actually not quite sure that's just Missouri. I've heard other state locals complain about the same as if it were specific to their state.

We're just smack dab in the middle of the country. Not really North, not really South, definitely not coastal. But if you want to see a cheesy, overly-hyped, live show come on down to Branson. Missouri has an entire city dedicated to just that, and that's where I go to school.

What do you think of when you think of Missouri?

Views: 243

Replies to This Discussion

Oh hai, I'm in Liberty, Missouri. Well, technically Kansas City, well, technically Pleasant Valley. XD When I think of Missouri I think of home and all of my friends. :3

I'm from the St. Louis area. Good times here.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service