RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Link, man, you're falling. Yesterday you said you were pissed off. Today you said boobs and sex. What about all those 5 year old little brothers and sisters that watch with their older siblings? Come on, man. Hold yourself to a higher standard. You're better than that...

Views: 1964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Because they are just words. The only thing not swearing does is restrict their ability to express their thoughts

It's clear to me from listening to Ear Biscuits (specifically the episodes with Harley and Nice Peter) that Rhett and Link are quite comfortable with adult topics and amused by them. Therefore I imagine they have these sorts of conversations between themselves and other adults pretty regularly regardless of the fact that they grew up in the South. I enjoy that dynamic and I'd love to see/hear more of it. In my opinion, the less they self-censor, the better.

I don't see the language cited in the original post as showing a "lack of respect" in any way. It's so mild, c'mon.

mild for you yes...but i don't think you would agree if you were a parent who tries to keep the input of there 7 year old child clean

I also enjoy Ear Biscuits A LOT. I think of course they're male adults and have real conversations- they aren't the Wiggles. Woogles? Whatever that kids entertainment band is.... anyways, they're real people, not an "image". And I like Ear Biscuits for that contrast between their humor on GMM and the realism of Ear Biscuits- talking about business and sexuality and the roads life takes us down. And even if they are talking about more risque topics on the podcast, I think its pretty clear they are both still gentlemen. That's why I love them.

it all makes sense right?  swearing makes a show better of course!  what the heck!!!?!?!??!  is it really that hard just to avoid words like P*** and sex for the smaller kids who enjoy watching?  what about the parents who walk in and here someone say p*** what are they going to think when they see a small child watching?

swear words totally make a show good right? i hope that is not what you are saying, Isra

Well, what did you expect? Let's think...50 years from now, will this matter? Besides, they are full grown men. It is entirely their decision whether or not to continue their ADULT ways; let's remind ourselves of this: they are ADULTS. Again, did you expect it to remain PG or something for the rest of their lives? Come on! It's not realistic! Let them do what they want, and just BE glad they're still on the internet.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Rhett and Link do intend to keep it PG for the rest of their lives, for the most part. They've always been very adamant about keeping things family-friendly and they know they have an audience that is built upon that rule.

Now, there are exceptions to this, of course. They slip up every once and a while and say some things that don't totally follow (i.e. the things mentioned in the original post of this discussion), and they also occasionally will do something that is a little more "adult" as people are putting it. Ear Biscuits is a good example of this, but even with that, it was their first priority to warn people that they would be uncharacteristically touching on some mature subjects and younger listeners should be discouraged from listening without approval.

So in short, being family-friendly is something that really is pretty important to them! And that isn't going to change.

My point is...well, good point about the PG for the rest of their lives thing. I get it. But what I still don't understand is why everyone is so offended about it. I personally feel that if anyone can't handle what they say in GMM, then they should just stop watching. But, as most people do, if they DON'T want to stop watching (I mean, who WOULD? :-D), then we should all just agree on the need to continue to bleep out offensive (or crude) language. Done deal? I hope so.

Well they were ADULTS when they started this endeavour, so I'm not sure why you would say that anyone would "expect" it to get more adult over time. And furthermore, I don't expect anything from them other than comedy. Its their show and I respect their creative license to take it wherever they want to. I simply wanted to share my opinion that their cleanliness makes them more unique than other YouTubers. I watched about a full season before I realized- "Hey wait a minute- this is not raunchy or inappropriate and I am cracking up!". I think that says a lot about the kind of content they create- it's natural and appeals even to people like me who normally gravitate towards decidedly UN-kid safe humor. I wanted to express my encouragement to keep that style going.

Again, Laura, I would like to ask...will this matter 50 years from now? That is, if they're still living. Why is everybody so worked up about a few little PG-13 slip-ups from Link? I think we all need to take a few deep breaths, and just let it go for now. No need for everyone to get worked up over 3 little words. Just calm down, and everything works itself out.

(Sorry if I sounded like some annoying yoga teacher, but breathing deeply and thinking about the reality of it all almost makes me laugh a little bit. We're all sitting here, at our computers or m0blie devices, scolding two of our favorite people in the world. It breaks my heart. 

Now, you look at it your own way, and maybe you'll see my laughter.)

Have a nice day! (I mean it!)

Ha, well, very little of what goes on in our day to day lives will matter 50 years from now. But I get what you're saying- it's no big deal. I completely agree! I'm not in a twist about it at all. Just sharing a thought. And I am not offended by anything they have said, ever. It takes quite a bit to offend me. And I don't think I'm scolding- if I am, I certainly don't mean to be. Again, just expressing an opinion that being clean makes them stand out from the crowd and I'd like to express my support for that.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service