RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Hey guys!

I’m sure most of you have seen us roll playing in the Komm chat. ^^ Well, Zach and I have decided to make one here, in a discussion, for those who are interested in a more long-term RPG story.

Firstly, it might seem like there are a lot of rules, but they are mostly just common sense and will not inhibit your ability to control your character. Also, even though we are “Game Masters” we will not abuse that power, in fact we will even kill our own characters if we feel it is correct. This RPG story is meant to be fun, do not take anything that happens in it personal, no matter what. Have a good time, use your creativity as much as you can, and just enjoy the story as it unfolds.

Rules!

1. You can have multiple Characters! They don’t have to be all on the side of good, or all on the side of bad, you can have both, either, or neither.
  2. You may not control another person’s named character.
  3. You may not kill another person’s named character.
  4. All decisions regarding final fates of characters are to be decided by the GMs (game masters).
  5. Try to keep the story central.
  6. GMs are able to ban participants.
  7. One post at a time! If you submit a post in the RPG story, don’t post again directly afterwards, wait for another person to post in between. If you address another person’s character, wait for that person to answer.
  8. All characters must be able to die. No invincible characters. Ever!
  9. Try your best to keep everything is pace.
  10. No destroying the world.

Sub rules

1. The world is an Earth like situation, which means that you cannot fly. Of course, some characters with wings, and magic powers are able to fly, but real-world physics still apply..
2. Mythical Beasts are allowed. Meaning you can have dragons, phoenixes, and other types of creatures that may or may not exist in the real world.
3. This is a time period similar the middle ages, which means, there are no guns.
4. There is magic on this world. (Such as the use of fire, water, earth, lightning, light, and dark magics.) Of course, standard use of magic applies.
5. You are allowed to create a character of a different race, such as the races: orcs, drow, elves, and dwarves, among others. Try to keep your character’s personality similar to the characteristics of its race. For example, since dwarves like to eat, to not make an anorexic dwarf.
6. There are the different kinds of magic users, such as: wizards, sorcerers, druids, warlocks, clerics, necromancers, magicians, etc. If you are going to use a magic user you must stay within the boundaries for that type of magic user. As an example Necromancers cannot heal people, it just doesn’t work.
7. Creatures that are summoned using something such as an artifact will have to return to their plane of existence after a period of time depending on the strength of the creature summoned. But if a creature is summoned through a ritual (such as a demon) they can say on the plane of existence they were summoned on until banished, or summoned elsewhere. 
8. Magic is not infinite, it relies on the strength of the user and it takes a price for its use. The stronger the magic the more the energy it takes to use. If you use magic to start a fire, and then the fire starts the trees on fire, it will take less magic than for you to try to start all the trees on fire on your own. Magic will also take more energy to travel a further distance.
9. Weapons can be enchanted, although those weapons are rare. Weapons that are enchanted must be enchanted as they are made, they cannot be enchanted after they are finished being made.
10. If the game masters have missed any rules, or feel that there needs to be more, they can add rules for the sake of keeping the story fun, entertaining, and fair.

Now that the rules are all out there nice and pretty, I would like to ask something..

Mods, if you would like us to move this discussion to another, external, site, I would very happily do so, if it becomes bothersome in any way. I would however, very much like to ask that you do not delete it. If we could have a warning first, so we have a chance to save the work, I would be very, very thankful.

Okay! So enough boring stuff, it's time to have some fun with this! Just post below with your addition to the story. Be creative, be fair, and especially, have fun!!

Views: 2608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Xylia caught a flicker of something as the strange woman's hand darted under the table.

She's definitely hiding something, Xylia thought, I'd better keep an eye out for her. She continued to force her smile, remembering Moe's motto of being nice to paying costumers. Where is Moe, anyway? she thought (*insert giant hint here*)

"This was just another lone inn in the land, that is, of course, until today, when all these people showed up." She gazed at Samenta meaningfully. "But I don't suppose you know anything about that."

Xylia felt her eyes widen, "I'm so sorry, I had no idea. That must have been horrible. I'm Xylia, and I'm sorry, but after an event like this you don't know who you can trust..." Could she trust her? That question remained unanswered, but Xylia kept it to herself this time. "So, I apologize again. Strange people are passing through this sleepy town, more than one."
Aayla was still gathering supplies when a rider came up. She was to busy to look but for some reason she felt a shiver run through her body. And not the cold and damp weather kind of shiver. She went back into the bar ready to serve when a customer came up. "Uh oh" she hoarsely whispered. All of the sudden Aayla felt weak, exhausted, and she had a feeling this girl had something to do with it. *No that can't be her* she thought, again the shiver ran through her. Samenta asked for a glass of Mead. Aayla couldn't respond, she felt her body going numb. When Xylia came over to relieve her she could barely pull herself out of there. She went into the supply closet and held the object she had been taking out early. She felt strength coming back to her. "I better stay back here till she gets a table." She glanced around the corner and saw Xylia and Samenta talking. "At least you don't have to worry about your race being wiped out by people like the rider with the blood ring" She hoarsely whispered to herself. She felt a depressed feeling come over her, wishing she didn't have to live with this secret identity.
After seeing Loradin leave, Finn looked at Myra, and answered her earlier question. "Raelin.. He's a larlei.. Our boss, I suppose you could call him. He's very powerful, but there are some major complication that happen when a larlei uses any sort of major magic, she he usually has us help him out with things." Finn kept walking behind Seth. "He could definitely teach you the ways of magic, if you can catch him on his good side. He's not exactly a good oriented kind of person.."
Aayla looked around the corner, Samenta had finally sat down. She still wasn't sure if it was the girl with the blood ring, but she needed to be sure. Suddenly her eyes flickered that piercing blue again. There it was, the little fellow that decided her standing with this girl. She again felt that shiver, "I need to get out of here tonight" She said, her voice again turning hoarse. She walked over to Xylia hoping she would let her off since her being one of the senior waitresses here. "Xyl..ia I was wondering, I woul..dn't ask unless I really needed it but, can I take the night off. It's just I've been getting these really bad head aches and these spells where I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I'd really app..reciate it..." Aayla waited for Xylia's answer hoping she wouldn't see the fear behind her reasons.

Xylia narrowed her eyes as Aayla spoke to her. Something was definitely wrong. Ever since Moe had disappeared, everything had gotten out of hand. No one seemed to be acting normal at all.

"Aayla," Xylia said, giving her friend a hug, "I'm your closest friend. You can tell me anything. I don't know why this is bothering everyone so much, but you have to tell me. Whatever it is, I can help you. You've been my closest friend ever since you got here."

Xylia waited for Aayla's reply, but before her friend could speak Xylia once again spoke, "Aayla, if you want, I could get some of the other waitresses to come in and you can tell me exactly what's bothering you." She looked into her friend's eyes imploringly, "Please. And don't try to lie to me."

Aayla hestitated, *I've been friends with Xylia for since like for ever. I need someone to tell* "Ok Xylia, I need you to follow me though, we have to go some where secret, somewhere safe." Aayla was terrified and still wasn't sure if she should be doing this.

Xylia sighed in relief. "Thank you, Aayla. You don't know how much I appreciate your honesty." 

She called some of her waitresses up to the inn, and gave them strict instructions on how to keep things on hand. "Remember, if you see any riots or anything, call someone... I don't know. The next door neighbor, anyone who might be able to help."

Xylia walked with Aayla, curious as to what she might here, and nervous as to what might happen to the inn in her abscence.

Aayla led Xylia to the deep forest, a special place. She sat her down and began to open up. "I'm one of the last of a race devoted to guidance, I've been sent on many missions to help conquistadors. I never know quite how but I'm sent letters, messages, and tools to help them with these missions. That girl at the bar, if she knows who I am she'll kill me," Her eyes turned that piercing blue and stayed that way. "Her blood ring is an indication that she's a bounty hunter sort, well not really, but, she's a killer, I don't know how to explain it to you." Her eyes flickered back to her greenish brown and she felt a bit of relief. Aayla waited for Xylia's response, afraid of what she might think.

Xylia sat frozen, digesting her friend's words.

"So... you mean... you're in danger?" Xylia rambled on, in shock. She seemed to have developed a habit of doing so in these past few crazy days. "Anything I can do to help... I'm not much good protecting at all, I think. But I'll be with you. I mean, this is shocking, this is crazy. But you are my friend. Through it all, I think we said sometime. But then again... no, never mind. Through thick and thin and everything in between." She stood, new confidence bursting through her, "So... what do you want me to do?"

She managed to keep her mouth shut as she waited for Aayla's reply.

"I'm not sure she even knows who I am, and I'd like to keep it that way." Her voice was still hoarse but she was regaining her strength. "She looks young and even though she gives me shivers she has this I can't explain it, she may not even completely know about her heritage. But I can not determine this by a feeling though." Aayla gave an uneasy ha ha while trying to loosen the tension.

Xylia smiled uneasily. She was definitely not used to these kinds of occurrences. Well, maybe in the first ten years of her life, but she couldn't even remember those.

"Don't worry, Aayla. I won't let her know. Even if she doesn't know who she is, it's best not to take chances."

She began to shiver and wondered whether or not life would ever be the same.

"We have to do something. Who knows, maybe it'll be exciting?" she gave a nervous, high-pitched laugh, the kind that people give when they're afraid of death but don't want to show it. "Hahaha! I might even find out who I really am!" 

She stopped herself, realizing Aayla didn't even know this about herself. It was painful, having a part of your memory gone, too painful sometimes to share, even with Aayla. She awaited the questions that would inevitably follow.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service