RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Hey guys!

I’m sure most of you have seen us roll playing in the Komm chat. ^^ Well, Zach and I have decided to make one here, in a discussion, for those who are interested in a more long-term RPG story.

Firstly, it might seem like there are a lot of rules, but they are mostly just common sense and will not inhibit your ability to control your character. Also, even though we are “Game Masters” we will not abuse that power, in fact we will even kill our own characters if we feel it is correct. This RPG story is meant to be fun, do not take anything that happens in it personal, no matter what. Have a good time, use your creativity as much as you can, and just enjoy the story as it unfolds.

Rules!

1. You can have multiple Characters! They don’t have to be all on the side of good, or all on the side of bad, you can have both, either, or neither.
  2. You may not control another person’s named character.
  3. You may not kill another person’s named character.
  4. All decisions regarding final fates of characters are to be decided by the GMs (game masters).
  5. Try to keep the story central.
  6. GMs are able to ban participants.
  7. One post at a time! If you submit a post in the RPG story, don’t post again directly afterwards, wait for another person to post in between. If you address another person’s character, wait for that person to answer.
  8. All characters must be able to die. No invincible characters. Ever!
  9. Try your best to keep everything is pace.
  10. No destroying the world.

Sub rules

1. The world is an Earth like situation, which means that you cannot fly. Of course, some characters with wings, and magic powers are able to fly, but real-world physics still apply..
2. Mythical Beasts are allowed. Meaning you can have dragons, phoenixes, and other types of creatures that may or may not exist in the real world.
3. This is a time period similar the middle ages, which means, there are no guns.
4. There is magic on this world. (Such as the use of fire, water, earth, lightning, light, and dark magics.) Of course, standard use of magic applies.
5. You are allowed to create a character of a different race, such as the races: orcs, drow, elves, and dwarves, among others. Try to keep your character’s personality similar to the characteristics of its race. For example, since dwarves like to eat, to not make an anorexic dwarf.
6. There are the different kinds of magic users, such as: wizards, sorcerers, druids, warlocks, clerics, necromancers, magicians, etc. If you are going to use a magic user you must stay within the boundaries for that type of magic user. As an example Necromancers cannot heal people, it just doesn’t work.
7. Creatures that are summoned using something such as an artifact will have to return to their plane of existence after a period of time depending on the strength of the creature summoned. But if a creature is summoned through a ritual (such as a demon) they can say on the plane of existence they were summoned on until banished, or summoned elsewhere. 
8. Magic is not infinite, it relies on the strength of the user and it takes a price for its use. The stronger the magic the more the energy it takes to use. If you use magic to start a fire, and then the fire starts the trees on fire, it will take less magic than for you to try to start all the trees on fire on your own. Magic will also take more energy to travel a further distance.
9. Weapons can be enchanted, although those weapons are rare. Weapons that are enchanted must be enchanted as they are made, they cannot be enchanted after they are finished being made.
10. If the game masters have missed any rules, or feel that there needs to be more, they can add rules for the sake of keeping the story fun, entertaining, and fair.

Now that the rules are all out there nice and pretty, I would like to ask something..

Mods, if you would like us to move this discussion to another, external, site, I would very happily do so, if it becomes bothersome in any way. I would however, very much like to ask that you do not delete it. If we could have a warning first, so we have a chance to save the work, I would be very, very thankful.

Okay! So enough boring stuff, it's time to have some fun with this! Just post below with your addition to the story. Be creative, be fair, and especially, have fun!!

Views: 2608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

(That doesnt count as a post, so I can't post yet guys. So if someone wants to post, Feel free.)

Seth continued to move with Finn and the others. Finn and Seth motioned for the others to stay back as they went ahead to find a camp.

“We’ll move faster if we are alone.” Seth said to Perigrina. “If we are not back in an hour, then come and find us.”

“Ok. We’ll come and save you if you get in trouble, like always.” Princess Nightglow said with a beaming smile.

“As you say.” Finn replied.

The two of them set off in the distance, hoping that they would find a place that would be suitable for camp. Soon they delved into the forest that stood along the road, knowing that they needed to be out of sight before it was too late. They walked and contemplated the thoughts of the upcoming war.

“Finn, you know what we will need to do to save this world, right?” Seth began.

“I do. But I’d rather we make sure there is no other alternative before we fuse the light and the dark.” Finn replied.

“I have been thinking, and if He is not alone… We won’t be able to fight him. Not even with all the wizards and Raylin helping us.”

“You’re right, but let’s not lose hope. There is always the possibility that we will eliminate them one by one.”

“Yes, and I’m the Queen of England.” Seth retorted.

“So, I was trying to be optimistic…” Finn said, pretending to be hurt.

“I know, I know.” Seth said. “But I don’t see how… Do you hear singing?”

“I do.” Finn replied.

The two pulled out their weapons, Finn his claymore and Seth his great sword, (the sword he chose for this battle) and they charged into the clearing where they heard the voices raised in song.

(Guys, I cant double post...)

Finn and Seth charged into the clearing, weapons drawn. They stopped short when they saw the wolf ghost. They took in the scene that they saw. There were approximately three dwarves running around the clearing, and another eight passed out on the ground. One dwarf was swinging his battle axe as he was trying to show the amused onlookers how he killed the many orcs that were guarding the dwarven mead. Finally the dwarf let his axe drop, as he bent to pick up the tankard. He downed the last of the mead and swayed on his feet.

Seth once again looked around the clearing, and noticed many more things he missed the first time. There were twelve orc bodies lying around a campfire. The fire had burned down low by this time. He also noticed that there were two wagons filled with kegs of dwarven mead. He also noticed that there were four kegs that seemed to be drained of their contents.

“So that is why the dwarves are passed out.” Seth said to Finn, but Finn was no longer at his side. He had gone up to where the three remaining dwarves were and was pestering the one who was holding the battle axe.

“I’m sorry, but all I can do for you is this.” Seth spoke in an undertone as he cast the spell to return the wolf ghost to his plane of existence.

“What is YOU DOING NEAR MINE MEAD!!!!” The dwarf with the axe said to Finn, as he charged toward his opponent. The dwarf took two steps and fell to the ground, spilling the contents of his stomach to the grass below.

“Hefty! It’s me! Finn!” Finn shouted at the dwarf.

“Nah, it cants be. Mine friend Finn ‘s… ‘s…” Again he was sick. “Dead.” He finished with a lot of huffing and puffing.

“I’m here, Hefty, and so is Seth.” Finn replied, pointing to where Seth stood.

“How many drinks does I has in me?” He said as he studied the two.

“We are real, Hefty.” Seth said.

“And I’m a bearded gnome.” Hefty retorted, dropping the axe on the ground.

“He always was a cranky drinker.” Finn said to Seth.

“Aye. While we’re here…” Seth began.

“I was thinking the same thing.” Finn said with a huge grin.

“Cavroz, tell us about yourself.” Princess Nightglow said. “You too Dorian. We need to know who our allies are.”

Seth turned to the ghost, “No I haven’t, Sorry.”

Finn continued to talk with Hefty, as they downed many tankards of mead. Soon Finn began to become overly irritable and angry.

“And HE sent us on a wild goose chase, with nothing to chase!” Finn shouted at the top of his lungs.

“There, there, Finn.” Hefty said, with a slurred tongue. “He’s not gonna leave you and… Sef here, not wifout help. That’s why we is here.” He said with a heroic pose. However, he soon lost his balance and fell on his face.

“It doesn’t matter, though. Cause we are up against too many!!!” Finn shouted again.

“I’d better go calm him down.” Seth said to the ghost.

“What do you want, Elf?” Hefty said his tongue heavy.

“Give me some honeyberry mead.” Hefty pointed to the keg that held that type of mead and Seth filled his tankard. He downed the first mug, and then another.

“Oh, I feel a slight tingle in my figure.” Seth said, not able to remember the last time he had a good amount of dwarven mead.

“See! He can’t… can’t… Hold his…” Hefty said as he slowly passed out, falling on his back.

_

“What do you mean he would say too much?” Perigrina asked, “That’s what I want. I want to know more about him. I want to know what is going on.”

Perigrina and Princess Nightglow ran into the clearing with the others. What they saw stunned them. Seth was dancing along with two dwarves, one barely able to stay upright. He was singing an old song of an elven princess. Finn, on the other hand, was sitting up against a tree with Hefty next to him.

“This WORLD! They has no powers! Why is we here?!” Finn said, very much drunk. He looked over and saw the others coming, and drew his sword. He hefted his sword above his head and threw it at them.

“GO AWAY! We doesn’t want you here! Let us drink in peaces.” He shouted as he fell to the ground, the sword landed multiple feet away from any in the party.

Seth turned to the oncoming group. “An hour hasn’t passed yet.” He said, swaying on his feet. The dwarves dancing with him stopped, and looked apprehensively at the oncoming group and bolted in two directions. One ran into a tree a few feet away and fell, knocked cold. The other continued to run, but lost his balance and started to crawl the rest of the way to the edge of the clearing where, he too, was knocked out. Hefty and Finn continued to drink, once Finn sat back down. Seth attempted to walk to the party, but was shaky on his feet. Princess Nightglow ran to his side and held him up.

“Which one of you is real?” Seth asked, looking at the three Princesses next to him.

“Me!” She said as she raised her hand, and so did the other two phantoms.

“Seth! How could you let this happen to you?!” Perigrina asked, astonished at Finn and Seth.

“Perigrina, if you knew what we were up against, you would want to get drunk too.” He said, a smile on his face. He then motioned of Princess Nightglow to let him down, and he calmly fell asleep.

“Bah!” Hefty spat. “I doesn’t needs your fancy medicine. I’m fine!” He shouted.

“Stop being so loud…” Finn trailed off as he too fell into a deep slumber.

“They are going to be in a bad mood tomorrow.” Perigrina calmly noted to the others. She and Princess Nightglow started to then move Finn and Seth to the middle of the clearing and they covered them with their traveling cloaks.

“That ought to do for a blanket for tonight.” Princess Nightglow noted. “Perigrina, do you mind starting a fire?”

“Not at all.” Perigrina responded. She spoke slowly under her breath and the pile of sticks on the ground burst into a calm flame. “I still have to learn how to control it more…” She said.

“It’s alright, you still have time.” Princess Nightglow said. They looked up in the sky to see that the sun was obscured by the tops of the trees and the moon was coming over the horizon.

“So, who wants to take first watch?” Perigrina asked, but then saw what Cavroz did to Zatarain. “What are you doing?!” She shouted. “What did he do to deserve death?” She asked as she walked up to Cavroz.

The sun was setting in the west. Perigrina made about to start the first watch, knowing the night held creatures that would be terrible if they came. Princess Nightglow jumped into the nearest tree and she pulled out her bow and started the watch.

Perigrina pulled out a small dagger. She proceeded to start carving a figure that she pulled out of her pack.

“You’re still working on that?” Princess Nightglow said from her place in the tree.

“It has to be perfect.” Perigrina curtly replied.

“I didn’t mean anything by it… I know who it’s for.”

“I’m sorry. I just hate it when these two do this.” Perigrina began. “They know they need to be at their best, and yet they still go and get drunk. I can’t believe they would do this to us.”

“They said it was hopeless.” Princess Nightglow said, her face downcast.

“It’s never hopeless.”

“But they never lose hope.” She said urgently. “They always fight until the end. You know that.”

“I do…. But… they must have a reason this time.”

“That’s what I’m worried about. What do they know that we don’t?”

“Maybe I should ask?” Perigrina offered.

“No, let them rest. They will need it for the time to come.” She said with a look of sympathy on her face. “I know this will be tough for them. Sephiroth is back.”

“No! You can’t be serious!” Perigrina said, clearly shaken.

“Would I lie about something like this?” Princess Nightglow retorted.

“No. I guess not. Let’s just hope they can face two larlei at the same time.”

“Five.”

“FIVE?!”

Perigrina could feel something was very wrong.

“I feel it too!” Princess Nightglow shouted as she jumped from the tree. She quickly cast a spell to sober and wake Finn and Seth.

“What is it?” They say as they get up.

“This way.” Perigrina orders as they run off into the forest, leaving the others behind.

They ran on through the woods as they realized what it was they felt. The four came upon a clearing and found five cloaked creatures. The black hoods concealed their faces. The night seemed to become darker as it came to the five.

“Welcome, Finn and Seth. We have been waiting for you.” said the one in the center of the five.

Finn and Seth motioned for Perigrina and Princess Nightglow to find a place to hide.

“You five are not welcome here.” Seth stated.

“Such confidence for a wizard, you do know there are five of us here, yes?” The one in the center said.

“We can see that.” Finn replied.

“But, I have defeated Sephiroth.” Seth said with as much force as he could muster. As he finished a long sword appeared from nothing. The sword’s length was close to six feet and it curved at the end to form a very long katana. The blade was jet black with purple mixed in. Seth smiled a very dark smile, knowing that Sephiroth is the second strongest dark larlei.

“I see you are strong, young wizard. But there is one flaw in your logic. I am Sephiroth.” The figure in the center said, as he pulled back his hood. His long flowing silver hair spilled out as he slipped off his cloak. A sword identical to Seth’s, only made of steel rather than dragonstone, appeared in Sephiroth’s left hand.

“And I, will never be a memory.” Sephiroth said as he slowly started to advance on the two young wizards.

Sephiroth slowly advanced toward the two young wizards.

“Now you die.” He said with a twisted smile on his lips. The other four larlei remained behind, knowing that Sephiroth could handle the two wizards, and much more.

“I don’t think so.” Seth said as he advanced on the fallen angel.

The two collided and sparks flew from their swords. Seth cut at Sephiroth’s left ear, but his blow was quickly deflected. Sephiroth then swung low at Seth’s knees. Seth jumped above the sword and cleared the blade.

“You are slower than I remember.” Sephiroth stated, calmly.

“I’m a little tired today, but I have never needed my A game to take you down.” Seth said, attempting to sound much more confident than he felt.

A slow chuckle came from deep in Sephiroth’s throat. “Very well, let the games begin.” As soon as the statement was finished, Sephiroth seemed to vanish from view, and three cuts appeared on Seth. Each opening and bleeding just enough to get in the way. The cuts appeared, one below the eye, one on the rib cage, and one on Seth’s thigh. None of the cuts were meant to incapacitate Seth, but they startled him. My wards should have stopped them… unless… He has grown in power.

Sephiroth appeared in front of Finn, then, who had drawn his claymore. Finn swung the heavy blade swiftly, but Sephiroth easily sidestepped the blow. Sephiroth made to make a cut at Finn, but Finn deflected the blow and rolled to the side. Finn then pulled out a keychain, which seemed to be made up of many minute axes. In Finn’s hand one axe appeared, which he launched at Sephiroth.

The axe flew past harmlessly as Sephiroth dodged the projectile. At this point, Seth once again ran to make battle with Sephiroth who, again, seemed to disappear. Three cuts, symmetrical to the last three, appeared on Seth. Finn, again, launched another axe at Sephiroth, who parried the blow to the side.

Then he pressed the attack on Seth and pushed him between Finn and himself, forcing Finn to stop throwing the axes. Sephiroth then swung in rapid succession at Seth. First angle one, a cut to the opponent’s left ear, then angle two, a cut to the opponent’s right ear, then angle three, the cut to the left side, angle four, a cut to the right. Sephiroth continued the attack with an angle seven, a cut to the opponent’s right knee, then angle eight, a cut to the right knee. Finally, Sephiroth finished the octaslash with the angles five and six, a thrust to the stomach and an overhead chop.

Throughout the attack, Seth was able to deflect most of the blows, but many of them landed. Blood was flowing freely from his body as he dodged the thrust and blocked the overhead chop. However, the overhead chop held more energy than Seth anticipated. As he held his sword to block the blade of the enemy, Seth’s sword shattered.

Seth, with a look of disbelief plain on his face, watched as Sephiroth slowly lowered his sword.

“How?” Seth asked.

“You are not as strong as you once were.” Sephiroth said, plainly. He then swiftly decapitated Seth.

Seth’s body fell forward, and Sephiroth shook the blood from his sword. He then turned to advance toward Finn.

Finn watched as his friend lost his life to the cause. He could feel the hot blood flow into his ears, and he felt the blood rage come upon him. He picked out two different axes, and threw them at Sephiroth, and then charged in with his claymore. Right as Finn started his swing, however, Sephiroth disappeared. The next thing Finn knew was a sword through his gut, with Sephiroth behind him. Finn looked down in complete surprise.

“The game is over, checkmate.” Sephiroth said as he tore his sword from Finn’s stomach.

Perigrina looked on the scene, shock evident. How could Seth loose? She then watched Sephiroth finish Seth, and fell to the ground with tears blocking her vision. She then saw Finn fall to the fallen angel as well. She knew then that this war was over, and they had lost. She slowly curled up into a ball as she wept for the loss of her two best friends, those who were brothers to her.

Princess Nightglow knelt beside Perigrina. She knew that as the dignitary it was her job to hold back her tears, but she was the equivalent to thirteen. The tears streamed down her face as she watched her friends fall to the sword of the fallen angel.

Sephiroth looked at the werewolf and raised his sword.

“The dead cannot defeat me. You have no power here.” Sephiroth smiled as a single black wing formed on his right shoulder. He then jumped into the air and hovered above the trees. His next move was raised his right hand to the sky as he said “Descend, heartless angel.” A small halo appeared above the werewolf’s head and then it tarnished and the strength was drained from the werewolf. Sephiroth then used his move, Hell’s Gate, to drop the distance with his sword pointed at the werewolf.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service