RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Hey guys!

I’m sure most of you have seen us roll playing in the Komm chat. ^^ Well, Zach and I have decided to make one here, in a discussion, for those who are interested in a more long-term RPG story.

Firstly, it might seem like there are a lot of rules, but they are mostly just common sense and will not inhibit your ability to control your character. Also, even though we are “Game Masters” we will not abuse that power, in fact we will even kill our own characters if we feel it is correct. This RPG story is meant to be fun, do not take anything that happens in it personal, no matter what. Have a good time, use your creativity as much as you can, and just enjoy the story as it unfolds.

Rules!

1. You can have multiple Characters! They don’t have to be all on the side of good, or all on the side of bad, you can have both, either, or neither.
  2. You may not control another person’s named character.
  3. You may not kill another person’s named character.
  4. All decisions regarding final fates of characters are to be decided by the GMs (game masters).
  5. Try to keep the story central.
  6. GMs are able to ban participants.
  7. One post at a time! If you submit a post in the RPG story, don’t post again directly afterwards, wait for another person to post in between. If you address another person’s character, wait for that person to answer.
  8. All characters must be able to die. No invincible characters. Ever!
  9. Try your best to keep everything is pace.
  10. No destroying the world.

Sub rules

1. The world is an Earth like situation, which means that you cannot fly. Of course, some characters with wings, and magic powers are able to fly, but real-world physics still apply..
2. Mythical Beasts are allowed. Meaning you can have dragons, phoenixes, and other types of creatures that may or may not exist in the real world.
3. This is a time period similar the middle ages, which means, there are no guns.
4. There is magic on this world. (Such as the use of fire, water, earth, lightning, light, and dark magics.) Of course, standard use of magic applies.
5. You are allowed to create a character of a different race, such as the races: orcs, drow, elves, and dwarves, among others. Try to keep your character’s personality similar to the characteristics of its race. For example, since dwarves like to eat, to not make an anorexic dwarf.
6. There are the different kinds of magic users, such as: wizards, sorcerers, druids, warlocks, clerics, necromancers, magicians, etc. If you are going to use a magic user you must stay within the boundaries for that type of magic user. As an example Necromancers cannot heal people, it just doesn’t work.
7. Creatures that are summoned using something such as an artifact will have to return to their plane of existence after a period of time depending on the strength of the creature summoned. But if a creature is summoned through a ritual (such as a demon) they can say on the plane of existence they were summoned on until banished, or summoned elsewhere. 
8. Magic is not infinite, it relies on the strength of the user and it takes a price for its use. The stronger the magic the more the energy it takes to use. If you use magic to start a fire, and then the fire starts the trees on fire, it will take less magic than for you to try to start all the trees on fire on your own. Magic will also take more energy to travel a further distance.
9. Weapons can be enchanted, although those weapons are rare. Weapons that are enchanted must be enchanted as they are made, they cannot be enchanted after they are finished being made.
10. If the game masters have missed any rules, or feel that there needs to be more, they can add rules for the sake of keeping the story fun, entertaining, and fair.

Now that the rules are all out there nice and pretty, I would like to ask something..

Mods, if you would like us to move this discussion to another, external, site, I would very happily do so, if it becomes bothersome in any way. I would however, very much like to ask that you do not delete it. If we could have a warning first, so we have a chance to save the work, I would be very, very thankful.

Okay! So enough boring stuff, it's time to have some fun with this! Just post below with your addition to the story. Be creative, be fair, and especially, have fun!!

Views: 2608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seth smiled, “Life it seems, takes its turn once again. Who knows where the road will go?” He starts to move toward the northeast as he starts to hum a song.  Finn picks up and Perigrina starts to sing.

“The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it begun, and on and on the road goes on.”

The three burst out into laughter. “The family’s back together.” Perigrina says.

“Yeah, lil sis.” Finn replies as the start tromping off to the northeast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A hooded figure watched from the rooftop. He smiled as he watched the group start moving. “I’m glad I was here to see them begin again. I was afraid that the light was forever lost. Go with my blessing my students.” He thought to himself as he prepared to move to the next battle.

Seth smiled, “I don’t know who I am just yet. I can recall parts of my memories, but they are just fragments of a whole picture. I am Syvarris. Tier seven dark-fire wizard, Lord of darkness for the side of good. My spirit has lived for hundreds of years, but I recall the last 68 in world standard time. I, however, go by the name of Seth.”

Finn smiled, “I am Finn, Viking champion for my homeland. I am also a tier seven wizard but for the light-lightning side of magic. I am the Lord of light. I may not have the age Seth possesses, but I have lived as much as he can remember. 68 years of world standard time is much longer than it sounds. In the terms of this world we have lived two hundred years.”

Perigrina laughs, “You guys make it sound so formal.”

“Isn’t that what they wanted?” Seth replies.

“Well, here goes nothing.” Perigrina starts, “My name is Perigrina tier five wizard in the central counsel.”

“Tier five!” Finn exclaims. “You’ve moved up two ranks, congratulations Perigrina!”

“Thanks, but I still have years before I’ll catch up to you guys.”

“Good luck with that.” Seth said with a smile.

“Anyway, I am a traveler and an elemental based witch. I have been following these two for the last three years trying to keep them out of trouble.”

“Hey! You can’t blame us!” Finn and Seth shout.

“I can too, now let me finish. I doubt these two will remember our teacher, at least not much, but It is here as well. It taught us, and watches over us. In fact,” Perigrina points, “It is on that roof.”

Finn and Seth turn to see a being in a black cloak watching over them with silver eyes that glow as bright as the full moon. After letting the party see, the creature turned and opened a portal of dark magic to teleport.

“So It didn’t forget.” Seth and Finn both state in wonder as the creature turned away.

Finn and Seth turned to Loraden. “It is possible for you to learn magic, but you must learn your limitations on your own.” Seth begins. “The mask will give you a natural ability for magic; I can sense you will be one of the elementals. However, that means you will never be able to possess the power in fire that a fire wizard will have.”

“Or lightning that a lightning wizard will have.” Finn adds.

“However, the only tier ten wizard living is an elemental. He is the head of our counsel and a personal friend.” Seth explains.

“Your natural abilities will give you an edge and bump you up to a tier three at the start, but you will need to work hard to gain levels in the wizard standing.” Finn concludes.

“In the end, however, the strength you have will be tested. You will need to find your boundaries, or your body will fall apart.” Perigrina adds.

“And in the end you’ll end up old and grey like these two will be.” A voice from the shadows says. Princess Nightglow steps out. She has her leather riding gear ready, “When are we going on the adventure, guys? I wanna have fun!!!”

“So you must be the one I felt.” Seth stated.

“Seth is what could be considered pure darkness. It’s hard to explain, but he is half dark elf and half moon elf.” Perigrina begins.

“Enough. This will come in due time. I will, personally, tell you who I am when the time comes.” Seth says flatly. He continues to walk down the road and Finn and the two girls follow, without waiting for the others.

Finn and Seth turned to the two. “Enough!” they yelled.

“This is accomplishing nothing. Put your sword away.” Seth ordered.

“If you are to come with us, we must understand each other. First,” Finn begins, “There will be no fighting amongst the group. Second, you will not endanger our mission. Third, you will not work along the side of the dark. Fourth, you will pull your fair share of the work.” He finished.

“If any of you object, leave now. We will not think less of you for this.” Seth states in a tone that says he couldn’t care less.

“Guys, take it easy on them. They haven’t traveled with you before.” Perigrina stated.

“Who cares? I want to fight!” Princess Nightglow says as she holds up her fists.

“Easy now, Tiger.” Seth says with a smile. “We all know you could take us all on with both arms tied behind your back.” This seems to calm the Princess, because she lowers her fists and continues to march along.

“You will follow our rules, or you will leave. This is your one and only warning. We will not hesitate to dispatch you if you get in the way of our mission. The darkness will consume this world if we do not stop it. The choice is yours.” Finn and Seth say simultaneously with menace in their voice.

Seth turned to Zatarian and Loraden. “We,” he indicated to Finn and himself, “Are part of a constant struggle against darkness. I assure you, if this darkness wins, there will be no place for any of us. We have failed on occasion, that is where the orcs come from. They are from the worlds where we have failed to control the darkness.”

“If we succeed, the world will remain in balance without the ability of the larlei of the dark to come back.” Finn finished for Seth.

“What is your kingdom? From what I remember of the shadowlings, at least on this world, they are sealed in the vault of shadows. To which the leader of the dark larlei holds the key.” Seth began.

“If we do manage to free the shadows, we don’t fully know if they could be trusted. But, our memory is dim in this area, please, explain it to us.” Finn ended, once again.

Seth was taken aback. Is it possible they don’t know about the Larlei?

I think so. Finn replied using the mental link between him and Seth.

Should we tell them?

Why not? Perigrina replied, because she was not to be taken out of the conversation.

“Very well, you will hear the story of the fall of the Larlei.” Seth began. Suddenly the cloaked figure appeared out of nowhere.

“If they are to hear it, they shall hear it from one.” The figure said in a clear metallic voice, commanding the attention of all around.

“There was once a world, the ‘World that Never Was.’ It existed out of time and space, for they were not here yet. They were just a dream within a dream. There existed the Larlei, a group of creatures who control time and space. We,” The hooded figure indicated himself, “Lived on this world within three factions. There were the light, the Lumen. They are angelic creatures who deal with only creatures of the light. They inhabited the world above, in the clouds. There was also the dark, tenebrosus. They are demonic creatures who lived in the underworld. They dealt with creatures of darkness, for they hated the light. The two lived in constant fighting. But, they were both equal in power. The only chance they had was to pull the neutral, quietus, into their fight. They constantly tried to pull my race into the fight for the side of the light, or the side of the good. I am sad to say, some of my race would fight for either.” The creature stood, then pulled back the hood covering its face. The creature looked like an elf, fair and strong, but it seemed to have a dark quality about it. It was impossible to distinguish the gender of the creature, for it seemed to have qualities of both male and female.

As soon as the creature pulled back its hood, Finn, Seth, Perigrina, and Princess nightglow dropped to a knee. Their heads bowed. They motioned for the others to do so.

“Yes, come young one. I will not harm you, nor will any here who call themselves my followers.” The creature said. “You are, after all, a key part in this adventure. Few could survive what you have, however what is to come will test you.” The creature motioned for the others to rise. The group rose in obedience to the Larlei.

“Now, back to the story.” The creature said without waiting for the elf to come. “There were three who lead the race of the Larlei. One from each of the three factions formed this command. However, all three were brothers. It mattered little to Larlei for blood relatives. We care not for them. The only others that matter are those in our faction. The three, as you may have guessed, were from different factions and, thus, they fought each other for who would rule. The three split, and so did the factions. The wars have been raging from that time until now. The light and the dark constantly tried to fuse the neutral into their forces to overpower their adversary. There are few of us left. For those who joined a side now are parts of that faction. So, we train the wizards to follow in our footsteps, to keep balance in the worlds, and to further our contribution. Finn, Seth, and Perigrina,” Each standing taller as their name was called, “Are students of mine. They are here because I called them. The leader of the dark Larlei is here now. He has come to take this world for his own. They are here to keep it in balance. Your choice is simple, then. Follow them, or stay out of their way. We will not tolerate those who stand in the way of the balance. “ The creature finished his story, and without waiting for any questions he turned and disappeared through a portal.

“I think Raylin summed it up nicely, don’t you Finn?” Seth asked with a grin.

“I don’t think I could have done any better.” Finn said, sharing in Seth’s mirth.

“So… Any questions?” Perigrina asked of those near.

Finn and Seth burst out laughing. “Mortals? We are the great wizards. As small society that has been around sense the beginning of this war. I,” Seth indicated himself, “Have been around for three centuries of this war, although… I remember only the last sixty for my soul was transformed. Anyway, that is a long story.”

“Who are these ‘Immortal three?’” Finn asked. “They are not from the world of the Larlei, for only Larlei have existed from the beginning of time.”

“Yes, who are they? The leaders of the Larlei are Rin, Raylin, and Rine, the three brothers.” Seth finished.

Finn and Seth looked at each other, not sure how to respond to the turn in events.

They are supposed to keep balance in the world, not control the actions of those on the world. The dark and light are not supposed to be working together. Seth said through his mental link with Finn.

Yes, but there is little we can do about this. We should let them play this out. Who knows, maybe the win will be successful this time? Finn said as if asking a question.

You know we always have a chance Finn. Perigrina stated, also in the mental conversation.

As long as there’s an adventure, what can go wrong? Princess Nightglow added. (Btw guys, Princess Nightglow is different than Perigrina. It seemed in one of the posts you guys thought they were the same. If you didn’t, I apologize.)

Suddenly they felt a presence pressing on their own.

You have never had a chance. Only because my brother has helped you did you ever survive. I would swat you away like flies, but he would then have an advantage. This I cannot allow. No this, I am not alone in this fight as I have been before. You will fall, and there will be no redemption of your souls. Your lives end on this world. Say goodbye.

The presence suddenly left, but the four felt as if they had been violated. They knew now that this fight would be harder than the last, but there was one puzzling thing. What did the presence mean by the fact that it will not be alone as it had been in the past?

“We move now. If you wish to follow, you must come now. Time is short.” Seth stated.

“If you do not follow, stay out of our way.” Finn finished for him.

The four turned away, without waiting for a response. They had a job to do, and very little time to do it in.

Finn and Seth continued to march on. They knew that their mission was one of great importance. Seth noticed that the sun was low on the horizon. He smiled as he thought of the world and the torment would come to pass. However, he could not get what the presence said out of his mind. “I am not alone.” The thought echoed in his mind. If he was right, there was little they could do. He couldn’t believe what they were running into. “I am not alone.” How many was with It? How many? Which ones?

He fingered his dagger on his right. The gold hilt seemed to blend well with the many rubies and emeralds set in the fuller and pommel of the dagger. He knew that this weapon was strong. He knew that it would tear the life from someone and give it to the one holding the dagger. He knew this, and was not comforted. How were they going to win? How was it possible? Even if they joined with the other wizards, how could they survive?

You are troubled, Seth?

Yes, Perigrina. How are we going to win? How can we survive?

You would know more than I, but our master would not send us on a fight that would kill us. You know this.

I do, but does he know that He is not alone?

He may, he may not. But our duty is still clear. Perigrina finished as she retreated from his mind.

I understand he thought, however, there is not solution. We have but one answer. We must gather, and then when battle comes… we will know what to do.

(Just a quick little thing, in this line "I do, but does he know that He is not alone?" The "He" and "he" [notice caps] are different people)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service