RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Hey y'all, not much activity is going on here so I figure I'd try to start some.  Since we're all a part of a group called 'graphic artists' why not put the title to use?  Lets post some examples of our work to share and maybe get some crit (if desired) :)

Views: 511

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, cool. I've used photoshop for years, but only this year have I had access to a tablet and thus have begun coloring with it.
What kind of illustrations do you typically get hired for?
Catherine (Grizzly Rin) said:
Those were sketches irl multiplied over color I added in PS. And thank you!
Usually I'm commissioned for personalized illustrations of someone's friend or family member. Most of the time they're fully rendered, but I have one client who loves the "sketchy" look so I don't have to add any more to the sketch. Things have slowed down now that I'm working full time. I'm a production artist for a children's activity book publisher. What are you usually hired for, and do you have a website?

Ben P (Pianosaurus) said:
Ah, cool. I've used photoshop for years, but only this year have I had access to a tablet and thus have begun coloring with it.
What kind of illustrations do you typically get hired for?
Those were sketches irl multiplied over color I added in PS. And thank you!
Coolio cakes. I also like the sketchy look (esp. with the texture :) ), keeps it looking 'traditional' (not that there's anything wrong with digital stuff, I like that too).
Heh, I'm not a hired artist as of yet. Just a college kid, though this fall I'm going to try and get into the graphic design/illustration major for the spring at my university (which I can hopefully keep up with alongside a music major). And no website, I don't even have my portfolio together and online yet lol.

Usually I'm commissioned for personalized illustrations of someone's friend or family member. Most of the time they're fully rendered, but I have one client who loves the "sketchy" look so I don't have to add any more to the sketch. Things have slowed down now that I'm working full time. I'm a production artist for a children's activity book publisher. What are you usually hired for, and do you have a website?
definitely go for it, art students are pretty much the coolest students on campus

Coolio cakes. I also like the sketchy look (esp. with the texture :) ), keeps it looking 'traditional' (not that there's anything wrong with digital stuff, I like that too).
Heh, I'm not a hired artist as of yet. Just a college kid, though this fall I'm going to try and get into the graphic design/illustration major for the spring at my university (which I can hopefully keep up with alongside a music major). And no website, I don't even have my portfolio together and online yet lol.

definitely go for it, art students are pretty much the coolest students on campus

Imma try to :).
And keep postin' round these parts, tryin' to get people to stay active in these groups hasn't exactly been working.

To not eat my words, here y'all is something I had a short amount of time to complete for my relay for life team (sooner or late I will get around to fixing a part of the drawing that's become glaringly obvious to me now..) last month.

(I'm completely open to constructive criticism)
Attachments:
That's awesome. The fading makes it look like a screen print.

Kyle said:
I made my own little sketchbook for all my ideas, tell me what you think, here's the link to my blog post on it:
http://www.kyleism.com/?p=125
Very cool!

Kyle said:
I made my own little sketchbook for all my ideas, tell me what you think, here's the link to my blog post on it:
Cool image.... like the effect of letters made out of the pouring tea

I'll start by posting one of the first things I found while looking--something I had to make for a class this past semester. We had to make up a store and then design a shopping bag for it, and here is the front panel I made. I somehow lost the rest of the panels, and I know, I apologize for the excessive watermarks; I was just experimenting with them and whilst away from the computer, my original file got saved over with this flattened-and-overly-watermarked version. Tools: Photoshop
The sketchbook is a very cool idea......love your graphic design on it

Kyle(Giraffasuar) said:
i like the small sketchbook for big ideas nice graphics, i like your stlye. you should check out the pics i drew on my page
http://rhettandlinkommunity.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?scre...
these were some of 40 photos from about 7 diff sketchbooks, these aren't all my pics though.
i liked your pics really nice , my fav were the illustrations called, sad day,curious fairy and watching and waiting. very good stuff you have there.

Here's a good example of the illustrations I like to do, here's my site if you wanna see more: www.catrt.com

thats cool , XD makes me want tea, i like it, i once made a design for a world market bad design competition but i didn't enter it, if i didn't win they would've kept my design. but that design you made is awesome!

I'll start by posting one of the first things I found while looking--something I had to make for a class this past semester. We had to make up a store and then design a shopping bag for it, and here is the front panel I made. I somehow lost the rest of the panels, and I know, I apologize for the excessive watermarks; I was just experimenting with them and whilst away from the computer, my original file got saved over with this flattened-and-overly-watermarked version. Tools: Photoshop

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service