RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

... and these guys look strangely familiar!! I wonder who had the creativity to write the song and take the time to make the video??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_3KjBffw7s

Okay, for real, the guy rips the video off of you guys, I mean, totally lifts it off of YOUR video, and doesn't give ANY credit in the sidebar. Well, at least he kept the link at the end so people know where to go. Does this upset you guys at all when people do this? What should we as fans do when we see this? I know I would get upset. That's called plagarism, last I checked, or copyright infringement, or something.

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I flagged this video as spam - misleading text...
That is why the logo in the corner is so important. When we go out a shoot a video I make sure that HighDesertPeople.com is in the corner, that way people know where it was stolen from, should they re-post it. Some people just need to get smacked! In love of course.
Suggestion for comments left on scam videos. Don't stoop to their level and call names, be polite. Be the bigger person ;-)
I agree!

Jeanette (horphin✞) said:
Suggestion for comments left on scam videos. Don't stoop to their level and call names, be polite. Be the bigger person ;-)
On one hand, I say its good if it brings in more fans. However, this guy is using it to try to get subscribers for himself, not Rhett and Link. On the other hand, no its not fair, but you'll find that kind of goings on all over you tube, right?
PS XXXSkater whatever he is seems to be obsessed with the Sham-wow.
Let's see how many people on this website have found Rhett and Link through one of those copied videos. :) I don't think that would be a very large number. If people want to find Shamwow songs, all they have to do is type in Shamwow, and Rhett and Link's video is the first to pop up. The same goes for Facebook. Or aliens--type in aliens, and the SETI song shows up on the first page of results.

That's why YouTube features their videos--so people will find them. I think that a lot of people have found Rhett and Link through featured videos--many more than people than those who have found them through copied videos.

And copyright infringement is wrong in all cases, no matter how many people do it. No amount of numbers can justify anything that is wrong, even speeding. Not just copying Rhett and Link's videos, but copying anybody's videos, and making illegal copies of CDs. Unfortunately, it is kind of ingrained into us as consumers... how many times have I even asked for someone to burn me a cd of my favorite artist so I don't have to buy the CD--and not support the artist who created it? I try not to do that too much anymore. And file sharing (like LimeWire)? I think they are trying to crack down on that more and more. How many people have I heard in the Kommunity chat just joking about getting a bootleg, or illegal, copy of Looking for "Ms Locklear"?

Rebekah the Sphinx said:
On one hand, I say its good if it brings in more fans. However, this guy is using it to try to get subscribers for himself, not Rhett and Link. On the other hand, no its not fair, but you'll find that kind of goings on all over you tube, right?
PS XXXSkater whatever he is seems to be obsessed with the Sham-wow.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service