RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

I appreciate clean comedy. However, I am not an idiot. I know that if you put two men in front of a camera you are going to get a little bit of adult humor thrown in. It's seemed to increase overtime with Rhett and Link's videos. A joke with a double meaning that a kid would never understand is "OK" but still not good. However, in GMM's latest episode with Chester See, they throw in the subjects of "nip slips" and "humping". Granted, they were making guesses for a trivia game about YouTubers. However, Rhett and Link both admitted to knowing that they were providing the wrong answers meaning that they intentionally brought up filthy subjects. What drew me to their show was the fact that they had fairly clean content. I never had an issue sharing the videos with younger family members or suggesting videos to friends at my church. Now I'm not so sure I want to remain subscribed to a channel that will change its standards to be more like its YouTube friends. Attached are two screen captures from the latest episode of GMM.

Rhett and Link, I hope you two see this post and think about the content you are creating. You know your content is popular with kids as most of your "It's time to spin the wheel of Mythicality" videos are made by kids. Kids look up to you and respect you as two men who brighten their day. Please consider my words. I might reconsider unsubscribing if you can go back to being a show I have no shame in sharing.

Sincerely,

Zachary Spriggs

Views: 7701

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've noticed innuendos and jokes that may seem a bit "adult" but it's very rare and I think that Rhett and Link aren't going to start saying expletives (mind you, they've said 22 in total on camera (not all on GMM)) and talking about taboo subjects but they're not being inappropriate on purpose. They make mistakes but everyone makes mistakes. Also, they speak about many more "adult" and taboo things in Ear Biscuits as it's not intended for children and I'll assume they're going to keep it that way and I think they'll know whenever they've crossed a line on GMM (but in my opinion, they haven't yet). They're probably just trying new things. Like many others, this is just my opinion and I'm not going to express it any further or otherwise this will turn into an essay.

The whole Season 2 finale is very enlightening in general, for anyone only used to the clean side of Rhett and Link... they don't shy away from anything in that Ear Biscuit! If nothing else, Ear Biscuits is certainly proof that Rhett and Link as people aren't always as filtered as they are on GMM.

As I hypothesized before, I do think the sides of them are crossing over a tad more recently, but it's still all authentic to Rhett and Link. :) You get used to a certain standard, though, and I can see how people might be bothered by even mild changes in GMM content.

Loved that Ear Biscuit!

you guys are getting offend about nothing...  compared to the rest of youtube i would consider Rhett and Link the Will smith of rappers. 

I understand that some people may appreciate not watching that kind of humour, especially if there are younger viewers, but regardless it was a few words that were pretty harmless and were quite funny to most people. I don't think that any of this should stop you enjoying their video, I love gmm and it is still quite family friendly.

I understand people have different tolerances to certain subjects, particularly "sexual" subjects, but I thought it was fairly harmless. Children are well aware people have nipples, and any child can go to the park and see two dogs humping. I think it's the kind of thing that tends to glide right past kids unless the adults around them make it into a big, dirty ordeal. 

People can have different opinions and you can too! But i think it's a little overreacted...It's comedy and it supposed to be funny! They said already so many jokes like that or talk about filthy subjects! i mean come on...There is no chance that you noticed this just now.In my opinion they are doing a great job and they should make video however they want to. I understand you but maybe you should just calm down a little bit and think about it. Be your Mythical Best :D

Just want to come back and say after watching this week's episodes, it seems like the guys are doing fine! Nothing too crazy said! I just want the guys to be themselves and have fun! :) 

How do you guys feel about the mishegas that occurred in today's GMM and GMMore (especially the pimp thing)? I sometimes miss the times when Link didn't let his kids watch BTTF because it had a kissing scene in it and considered (or at least Christy did) "fart" or "butt" a swear. But as someone mentioned before, their kids are growing up and so does their content

What about today's episode (Worst Toys Ever)? Stuff that happened to note -

- Groin wobbling thingy

- That peeing guy

- Growing up Skippy

I personally don't see anything wrong with the peeing doll. Everyone pees, its a natural process and the blurred out the "inappropriate" parts. Boys that are grown up enough to watch the show and actually take in the information have seen a penis so it isn't news to them and they have seen it before, I think they just blurred it to keep it family friendly.
And the Skippy doll isn't that bad, it just demonstrating puberty and kids (in Australia at least) learn about puberty in grade 5 which makes the child 10 so I wouldn't say its that inappropriate since 99% of people that are watching have probably learnt about puberty and what it involves. Anyway, children under 10 probably shouldn't be on the internet alone without their parents monitoring what they are doing, if the parent doesn't like it, they aren't going to let their kids watch it. Maybe Rhett's comment about it might have been a tad inappropriate but I mean I personally don't see the big deal.

It was hilarious. I don't think there was anything inappropriate for the age range of this audience. 

Rhett very nearly made it inappropriate with that bobble head joke he was going to make (if he was going where I think he was going) but stopped himself. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service