RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Do you ever have something happen that is super funny and you want to tell someone about it, but you realize that only another Rhett and Link fan would get it?

For example, my little 4 year old son the other day went in the bathroom and stuck the back of his head under the faucet and then came dripping to me and said "Guess what I just did, Mommy? I went phatdipping in the sink!" I just don't think Grammy and Grampa would get that! But I know the Kommunity can laugh with me.

Anyone else have this kind of thing to share?

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nikki, too funny...
LOL...being a "red shirt" in space is not a good thing!
These things happen to me on a regular basis, it's actually very funny but sometimes very awkward......

1. The other night my brothers girlfriend came over like she usually does but this time she had a really bad sunburn, so me and my sister were quietly trying to sing the Sunburn Song. I don't think she heard us but it was entertaining.

2. Another thing is one of us will start singing part of a song and the other will join in or one would do Rhetts lines and the other would do Links. Or we would qoute from videos if we see thing that remind us of them, most of our family thinks nothing of it but sometimes we will get strange looks from them, also our friends are lost because they don't know what it's from so we then have to explain.

3. Another time was when my brother discovered the Red House Furniture Commercial, and started to explain it to the rest of my family. I of course being the R&L dork that I am immediately looked up the video on my iTouch and showed it to them, then because he kept repeating "at the Red House where black people and white people buy furniture" (Mind you he is 19.....) I started rambling about how he could get the free MP3 on the website......he looked at me like I was crazy and said "Julia, I don't want the MP3 I just like saying 'At the Red House!!'"

If I think of anymore I will be sure to share!
I don't know how this is very funny, but this is something that I just thought of that made me giggle....

When I was watching my first RhettandLinKast, (the one where they were in Ohio :D) during the preshow, I announced that it was my first time watching the Kast, so I was just learning the ropes. Someone in the chat said "this will become a way of life for you." I laughed and thought "Oh, yeah, right...."

A few months later, look at me. It HAS become a way of life for me.
Haha.
OK, this is two mornings in a row now that I've woken up with Maine Man stuck in my head. I can't figure it out, I just wake up and it's there. The part about supporting the economy of Maine repeats more than the other parts of the song, for some reason. I have Maine Man packed all up in my brain...
That's so weird! On and off the past week I've been saying in my head "I been buyin groceries in maine, been payin' my taxes in Maine..." and then all of the rest of that little part. I guess that must be the part that gets stuck in everyone's head.
I thought I was crazy when I thought about the Lumberjack song when I saw Rhett in the lumberjack get-up! And yeah, I'm a HUGE Monty Python fan...Eric Idle is AMAZING.
Yep, this happens in our household all the time. This morning I awoke, and hubby got up to go to the bathroom. As he walked past me while I snoozed, he sang "Turbo Tax! Did you say Turbo Tax? Yes I did I said Turbo Tax! Get your tax onnnnn, get your refunnnnnnnd!" We hadn't even spoken to each yet other in those early hours. But this is how our day started. How random! We didn't even discuss, it's just "normal" now. Livin' la vida Rhett and Link loca!
Just today in my finance class, my professor walked in and the first thing he said was, "Has anyone ever heard of cornhole?" I came so close to busting out the corn hole song! He then followed it with, "I played it in the back yard with a family across the street. It doesn't require much skill, but was pretty fun. I thought at first it was something else. You know, in Canada (which is where he is from) it means something dirty. So I was reluctant to play at first, but now it wasn't so bad. We had a corn hole tournament until 4 am. We lost track of the score a few times. But we just would start over." That was too good! It was one of the most random comments he has ever made, but it made my day. Unfortunately, I couldn't focus the entire class because the corn hole song kept running through my mind. Or maybe, not so unfortunate after all...
Oh Laura you just have to send him a link to the Cornhole song now! Your professor's testimony is so close to the lyrics! That's hilarious!!!
Another funny thing I thought of......

I keep seeing Scions EVERYWHERE!!! Whenever I see one all I can think of is "Trucks seem to be the vechicle of choice here, and we come rolling in with our 500 pound Scion" And then I marvel on the fact that Rhett being a very tall man can fit into those little things.....
OK, this morning in the car, I had Movin' On Up playing, and my kid started dancing and "lip-syncing" to the Leaf Trombone accompaniment. I captured it on my phone....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service