RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

During today's GMM episode Rhett and Link asked for a perspective on fist bumps to handshakes...

I personally think there are many different reasons you might bump someone's fist over shake their hand or visa versa...

Maybe if you were being formal you'd shake someone's hand, and casual you'd bump their fist...

Another reason someone might fist bump somebody elses hand is because they're either sick or a germaphob!

I personally prefer fist bumps because you can get fancy with them and it's just kind of like "hanging loose" :)

Views: 470

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exactly.  Personally, I give everybody fist 
bumps, but that's just me......

one handed bro shake and bro hug for me, lock hands at the thumbs, pull in, then one hand pat on back

I feel a greater personal draw for handshakes, since this is can show someone's personality, and in my opinion, give respect. I think fist bumps can be for non formal friend-to-friend greetings.

Just my opinion, nothing more.

I do like the handshake, but it can get awkward if it goes on too long or if the other persons shake is worryingly loose or hand breakingly strong.  I also have quite sweaty hands (which I'm not proud of) and fist bumps would not highlight this problem.  So for these reasons I'd say the fist bump would be best!

WHATEVER . . . just so long as it isn't this one:

I think that handshakes and fistbumps both have a time to be used.

Handshakes: handshakes strike me as being used for special occasions.... like meeting someone for the first time, or at like a funeral, wedding or anything else.

Fist Bumps:Fistbumps should be used with people you know or have known for a long time... people who won't be offended if you walked up to them and gave them a fistbump.

I think..... -FISTBUMPS totally!!!!

YES!! Fist-bumps are the most American 
greeting I can think of, though.
Fist Bumps because hand shakes are celebratory purposes

What about Head nods?

or even better . . . the CHIN NOD!

fist bumps are for just your bro (best friend)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service