RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

What is everyone's favorites or ones they think are just awesome? You can talk about anime and/or manga. It would be cool if we discovered new shows or mangas from each others' replies.

Views: 420

Replies to This Discussion

As I look over this discussion, I realize I haven't seen any of Hetalia. From the comments I have heard, this seems like such a shame.

....Sorry for double posting. I didn't see my own comment on the next page.
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni has stolen my heart for the longest time in the anime category. I loooovee Horror anime like Kemonozume, elfen lied, and various other things.

..I'm a girl. XD I'm finally coming to terms with it. So I really enjoy shoujo manga. I love Pretty face, Cherry Juice and BEAUTY POP!.

In the manga category, I'm stuck between Godchild and Beauty Pop.

Btw for Hetalia. Seychelles is my fave.
fav = naruto :D
I too resisted shoujo for a long time, but what the heck, it's good stuff too. Most of my favorites are shonen, however I have come to love girly anime/manga.

As far as manga is concerned, one of my favorites is Model. It is 7 or 8 volumes and involves vampires. It isn't lame and glittery though. Cromartie High School is a funny shonen manga and there are TONS of pop culture references, from Freddie Mercury to movie titles.

Also, I recommend checking out Angel Sanctuary, both the manga and the anime. The art alone is enough to captivate an audience.
oooooh I love Angel Sanctuary. Kaori Yuki wrote Godchild and Angel Sanctuary.

Elysium {NekoYoukai} said:
I too resisted shoujo for a long time, but what the heck, it's good stuff too. Most of my favorites are shonen, however I have come to love girly anime/manga.

As far as manga is concerned, one of my favorites is Model. It is 7 or 8 volumes and involves vampires. It isn't lame and glittery though. Cromartie High School is a funny shonen manga and there are TONS of pop culture references, from Freddie Mercury to movie titles.

Also, I recommend checking out Angel Sanctuary, both the manga and the anime. The art alone is enough to captivate an audience.

I just recently started reading Black Butler. Another one with some nice art.

If you want violence, check out Elfen Lied. We may have mentioned it already, but it's so good. Worth mentioning again. The manga is just as intense as the anime.

Anyone know about Darker Than Black? It has come highly recommend to me.

About Darker Than Black, I think it's great. I haven't read the manga, but the anime is very good, if a little slow to start and confusing. The art and concept are both exceptional, and the plot as well as most of the characters are deep and fairly dark. Even darker than black, you might even say. :) So if you're looking for a thinker more on the dark side, you'll like it. I think you should give it a try.

Elysium {NekoYoukai} said:

I just recently started reading Black Butler. Another one with some nice art.

If you want violence, check out Elfen Lied. We may have mentioned it already, but it's so good. Worth mentioning again. The manga is just as intense as the anime.

Anyone know about Darker Than Black? It has come highly recommend to me.

Thanks Kevin! I like how it sounds and will definitely be checking it out soon.

i like soul eater for anime, and for manga i like shugo chara, love*com, yotsuba, etc.

I just started watching Deadman Wonderland. I am absolutely loving it.

And does anyone else feel their childhood has been restored with the return of Toonami?

Fruits Basket

Ouran High School Host Club

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)

Hetalia

Some of my favorite animes ( Sort of in order):
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Code Geass
Angel Beats
Soul Eater
Clannad and Clannad After Story
Blue Exorcist
Toradora
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya
Deathnote
Gurren Lagann
One Piece(I'm currently in the middle of the Thriller Bark arc)
Legend of Korra and Avatar: the last Airbender (I know they aren't anime but they are my favorite shows)

I'm currently watching Cowboy Bebop and enjoying it quite a bit

I'm glad I finally decided to join the Kommunity!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service