RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Rhett and Link are nominated for Shorty Awards in TWO categories! These are votes-based awards, so we have to get voting to make sure they win! Voting doesn't end until February 18. You can only vote once per day, but you can vote every day.

Ear Biscuits is nominated for the Best Podcasthttp://shortyawards.com/category/8th/podcast

Good Mythical Morning is nominated for Best Web Serieshttp://shortyawards.com/category/8th/web-series

The Shorty Awards honor the best of social media. They recognize individuals and organizations producing great content on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, Vine and the rest of the social web.

The 8th annual Shorty Awards Ceremony will be held April 11, 2016 in NYC and will be livestreamed internationally.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED

Rhett and Link won Shorty Awards in both of the categories for which they were nominated! Amazing!!

The Shorty Awards YouTube channel is uploading clips of all the winners and post-awards interviews today. Rhett and Link also were on stage to present the final three awards of the award show.

Rhett & Link of Ear Biscuits accept the Shorty Award for Best Podcast

Interview with Rhett & Link of Ear Biscuits, winner of the Shorty Award for Best Podcast

Rhett & Link of Good Mythical Morning accept Best Web Series

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

. . . and the list continues to grow!!!

Ooh, I should've known you'd be keeping track of their awards. :) I know that can't be all of them from over the years, though...do you have more?

And I know the Webby Awards for 2016 haven't aired yet, but don't forget Rhett and Link were already announced as honorees in 2 categories!

These are the only ones that are listed on the R&L Wikipedia page, most reliable as my primary source of information.  I do know about the two additional 2016 Webby "honors" and ongoing vote for People's Voice - Web Personality (details HERE) but not going to add those to the list until final award ceremony date arrives.  

I'll gladly add any more accolades if others want to point me in the right direction, and can start a page specifically for that if there's enough interest.  Maybe include being named to BusinessInsider.com's 2012 list of the Most Creative People in Advertising . . .

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-creative-people-in-advertis...

In January 2008 they worked as web correspondents on a Sundance film festival for IGotShotgun.com in partnership with Cadillac. Summer of the same year they spent releasing videos for the Alka-Seltzer Great American Road Trip. The series won the Gold award in the Consumer Goods category at Advertising Age’s 2008 W3 Awards, as well as best online campaign at Adweek's 2008 Buzz Awards. The series also picked up two Golds (Best Campaign, Best Single) and a Craft award (Music) at the 2009 Bessies and received two golds in the interactive category for Viral Marketing and Business to Consumer website at the 2009 Advertising & Design Club of Canada Awards

A commercial for Cullman Liquidation Center won Best Local Commercial at the 2010 Ad Age Viral Video Awards.

In 2010 Rhett and Link created a stop-motion video "T-shirt War" as a commercial for T-shirt printing company Rush T-shirts, in which they used 222 T-shirts with unique designs. The video already had 2 million views after only two weeks of being online, and quickly reached 4 million. "T-shirt War" also won in Best Online Promotion at the Apparel Industry category at the 2010 Spirit Awards.

I think a place to track or submit their awards for a master list would be great. It could even go as far back as the accolades Looking for Ms. Locklear received at film festivals and such.

Yay!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service