Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!
With the end of Season 11 and retirement of the
the song has been updated and we may be seeing
mail items shared on a more irregular basis.
Here's a new list of highlighted mail items.
Rhett & Link
PO Box 6578
Burbank, CA 91510
Season 12 Episode 9 (GMMore #1169) Ellie Tries Rhett & Link's Spiciest Snack
- - autographed WALKING DEAD graphic novel inked by her dad ~ http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Stefano_Gaudiano - - from Sabrina Gaudiano / Sekui, WA [pronounced "CQ"]
Season 12 Episode 20 (GMMore #1180) Would You Rather with the Crew
- - new GMM logo carved in traditional Korean Ingam seal format - - from Gaia [pronounced Gaia . . . no, wait, Gay-ah], originally from Oregon USA but now living in Seoul, South Korea
Season 12 Episode 26 (GMMore #1186) Harry Potter Butterbeer Bomb
- - RandLer patchwork pillows - - from Aunt Jessica & Niece Natalie, Lubbock, TX
Season 13 Episode #14 (GMMore #1261) Chicken Cocktail Taste Test
- - story of the CHIMLEMPENGUIDOG by an "ugly breader" - - from Lorenzo, ???
- - drawing of Rhett in a '70s funk band & doll of Rhett to be used for whatever - - from Elliott Glasser, Hendersonville, TN
Season 13 Episode #19 (GMMore #1266) Playing Pass The Popcorn
- - leather-bound covered version of Ye Olde Book of Mythicality - - from Marilla & Makayla Beecher, Thirsk, Yorkshire, UK
Season 13 Episode #29 (GMMore #1276) Ranking Girl Scout Cookies
- - RiRi montage image shirt, couldn't resist getting it for Rhett - - from Laurie, ???
Season 13 Episode #69 (GMMore #1316) Kool-Aid Pickles Taste Test
- - customized DINK IT & SINK IT forks with GMM logo for Damnyell & Link to eat their blue Koolickles - - from Kyla, New Jersey, USA
How many times must they change the mail song before they are satisfied?!
Hopefully this doesn't mean they've ditched a themed mail project this season.
So, with 3 weeks and 15 episodes into Season 12 and only ONE (1) mailbag share on GMM.
I guess that's why the change from Thursdays Mean Mail to the less restrictive Mail Time Means Mail so they aren't tied down to a schedule. No promises for when or even if the next sharing will occur.
It's now just WHENEVER.
The book is a very precious gift!
UPDATE: Season 12 thus far 55 Episodes with only 3 mail sessions.
Following an 18-week / 75-episode hiatus and now we get two Thursday Means Mail segments in a row.
What's up with that?
My theory is that it's in response to the crew-only mail videos they started on Facebook and Instagram a couple weeks ago (https://twitter.com/rhettandlink/status/953731850249236482). I saw a lot of responses from MBs saying that they didn't want to watch only crew members open mail; they wanted to see Rhett and Link interact with the mail. So I think they decided to start re-incorporating the mail segment into GMMore. Just a theory, though.
Thanks because, yeah, if you hadn't posted this I would never have known that there was at least a recent attempt to "appease the masses" that has apparently failed. Gumbo don't twit.
If not continuing in the vein of a themed mail project like GMM has usually done, I wish they would just go back to posting infrequent but long-form mail videos. Seeing the guys go through a big glut of mail and make snide comments was always fun. These days they couldn't go through all the mail, but I would at least hope they see all the notable pieces at some point anyway, so just filming that would be enough.
another mail day after extended drought