RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

I gotta say you guys make some quality music...
just curious as to what you like to listen to... do you have a fav. artist or style?
is there any particular genre or artist you really can't stand to listen to?

Views: 333

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a list of artists that show up in my most recently played on iTunes:

Avett Brothers - Fellow North Carolinians with a folk/rock/bluegrass/fusion thing that's hard to resist. Plus, they wrote a song about my sister-in-law (Pretty girl from Cedar Lane)

Sufjan Stevens - Most original artist I know that I still genuinely enjoy. This guy is weird in a really good way (has been known to wear a bird costume in concert), and his music is phenomenal.

Merle Haggard - Potentially my favorite, though it's hard to get people to bite on old country

Adele, Regina Spektor, and Feist - I have a weakness for music from quirky, soulful women.

U2 - I'm not a huge rock fan, but the depth of these guys' approach to music and life makes me a fan.

Iron & Wine - Mellow to the max

Jackson Browne - his early stuff will always be some of my favorite music.

Looking through this list, I can definitely say I like mellow and thoughtful music. I guess that's a little ironic for an internet comedian, but maybe not. It's kind of "anti-comedy", which keeps me sane.
you have good taste in music Rhett :)
As we were recently writing a song for the Science Channel, the feel of it kinda got me on a Journey/Phil Collins kick. We wrote the chorus and I was like "dang, I think we accidentally stole part of the melody from somebody in the eighties...maybe Journey?" but I couldn't put my finger on it. So I added a Journey "station" to my Pandora app on my iPhone. That's how i rediscovered Phil Collins' Easy Lover.

But i'm probably still gonna spend my birthday money on the Simon & Garfunkel remastered set of complete albums. And then balance that with some rap album of some sort.
thanks for answering my question guys :)
I love the fact that you like Simon and Garfunkel. =)
Journey and Phil Collins rule.
Havent heard much Simon & Garfunkel, but I like what I've heard
This is awesome. All of those bands are amazing. =]

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service