RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Hi Mythical Beasts,

I was just wondering if there is going to be a project done for Rhett's birthday this year? I've seen the previous books he has gotten and being a relatively new Mythical beast I would love the opportunity to be involved in the next one.

I am going to be sending him a piece of art separately that I should get finished in time. (Need to get back to it!) If it ever got shown on Thursdays mail or on his birthday show, I think I would die. 

Anyway just wondering, if there is going to be a group created, as I searched for one and couldn't find it.

Maybe it's too early, maybe I'm too eager, but I don't know how long these things take to put together. 

Well, that's all for now. :)

Views: 4020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't seen any talk about it so far. If it helps, I led the project for Link's birthday this year since I didn't hear anything either and it worked out really well! If you don't see anything posted by the Mods maybe sometime this or next month, I'm sure you can make a group to get things going. We can discuss ideas here and then you can make a group to get the details together! (That's what I did.) 

It's not too early, trust me. You'd rather want to be early than late! :) 

They always appreciate art, and people really enjoy knowing that the guys receive their art. I like unique gifts so I'd like to think outside the box to get or make him something. 

The moderators don't currently have a project plan for Rhett's birthday. We would love to see a fan step up to lead a project for him, like Heather did for Link's birthday! It turned out very well. :)

A couple ideas just came to mind: (along w/ fan art) 

A mythical beast hand-made book of bad dad jokes (we make up) that Rhett can use. 

Something toilet-humor related

Predictions of the future from mythical beasts

Something to do with lucid dreaming

Wood, beans, beard-related things... 

Some kind of scientific related game he can play

Something for his guitar(s)

He's got beard oil, maybe something for his hair? 

Something from one of his favorite musicians (album, signed album/poster, etc) 

a song sung from us, edited together, the song is originally from one of his favorite musicians & is either public domain or used w/ permission (as a cover song for him). (-> This has also been an idea to celebrate the GMM1000 episode.)

All great Ideas Heather, Now you've really got me thinking. Maybe I could be the one to organise this thing. Gonna do some *Boopity-boop-boop-boop* research on the things you suggested. I definitely  think including fan-art is a must and I also like the humour and lucid dreaming thing and we all know he likes anything made from wood. :) 

Just googled wooden sunglasses, they look so cool. Anyway I don't know how you'd figure out the funding and stuff, I mean everything, even getting a book of fan art printed will cost money. But I'll have a think. Any advice from you would be great, seeing as you've done it already. :) 

There's an episode of EarBiscuits that goes into Rhett's many half-abandoned hobbies, which should give you some ideas. 

Do you know anything about this store? https://www.woodzee.com/collections/mens

(the watch looks beautiful!) ;)

How about this? https://www.shwoodshop.com/us/recover-outlier-speaker/

Check out the Recover videos on Vimeo for demos: https://vimeo.com/142182280

I love all of this ideas Heather,good job!

I will definitely participate! I don't really know what we could do though

I would LOVE to help celebrate Rhett's birthday!!! So many ideas..whatever we come up with Rhett will love! I would love to help with anything!

Does anyone remember anything from season 8 or 9 or past birthdays that he's wanted or mentioned something unique of interest to him that he might want? 

Or we can give him something completely different and new. Sometimes new things are good surprises! :) 

Sounds like a good idea. Forgot about birthdays. Was going to send a package for everyone but I guess I can brake it down for Rhett's birthday.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service