RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

This is a general discussion added to share tips and ideas for the site hosts.

Hopefully, this will help to get some insights from last year's hosts about what worked and what didn't. 

Here also is a quick link back to the inaugural MythiCon event discussions for background and references - - ->

Views: 750

Replies to This Discussion

So, my mom and I discussed this. I am hosting Mythicon in Utah, and we have NO CLUE what to do. So, we have come up with a few ideas:

An R&L tallent show! (Show off you R&L song memorization skills)

Trivia Questions (come up with your own, and use the Ultimate GMM fan quiz)

Group video message to Rhett and Link

Everyone brings a small state related thing to make a state care package to send them

Make a Rhett and Link inspired sack lunch (Im bringing a BigMac and Cheese)

Group Sing-a-Long (R&L songs... of course!)

Hope that was helpful!

Along the lines of coming up with trivia based on the GMM fan quiz, our MB Rachel created a Jeopardy-style game of R&L trivia once and sent it to the duo. I think that would be a fun game idea!

http://rhettandlinkommunity.com/photo/jeopardy-rhett-and-link-editi...

She also created a blog post with the questions and answers, but blogs are currently glitching on the Komm, so be aware that the link may not work: http://rhettandlinkommunity.com/xn/detail/2452419:BlogPost:665939

More ideas for R&L-related games at your local event:

• anybody got a CORNHOLE game?  easy enough to make one if you don't already have it

http://www.cornholehowto.com/

• a group Wheel of Mythicality video - - see GMM #277 for the MC-2013 California group's contribution

• individual, group or a collage Lionel photo ~ Note: only the extremely mythical among you should attempt the dreaded Lionel-Nigel-ThePose triple combination

• other group pics - - here is the MC-2013 California gathering . . . see what they did there?

• BBQ Song Game - - match the State to the description or pic of that particular BBQ style

I think it would really help if everyone all wore the same color shirt during Mythicon. It would really help identify which people are part of the Mythicon and its much easier then having to make a poster. 

I dunno, what if people want to wear a Rhett & Link shirt they've ordered? There are a bunch of different colors and designs, so it wouldn't lend to matching. Also, if the group is small, a poster is going to be much more visible/noticeable than a few people with similar shirt colors. 

Do a meet up in New Jersey please!

Where are you in NJ?

If NYC is accessible to you (perhaps via NJ Transit?) you're more than welcome to join us at Bryant Park (which is very close to Penn Station)! I know at least one other NJ Mythical Beast making the trip. 

Here's the link to the discussion. Reply there if you think you may be able to make it! 

http://rhettandlinkommunity.com/group/mythicon-2014/forum/topics/my...

So, after not being around for a while, I feel a bit out of the loop on the kommunity. Please forgive my absence:(  If I could add my two cents to this discussion, I think  that this year there should be a deadline for meetup hosts. What I mean is, last year we had people volunteering to be hosts just a few days before the meetup, but nobody came, because they weren't in the list that was sent to Rhett and Link. Maybe this year we should have a deadline, maybe a couple weeks before MythiCon, and then if Rhett and Link DO make a video again, everyone will be included.

You mean Bitcoin, not two cents right?

Is there a MythiCon discussion like there was last year? If not, I could start one. I think it's an important thing to have, so even the people who aren't in the Mythicon group can find out about it, and it's an official place to set all the facts straight. 

@ K-La V. - - welkomm back!

There is no komm-wide discussion thread this time. Event planning ideas are exchanged and shared on this page. There is also a How to Become a MythiCon Meeting Site Host  page which anyone should easily locate as a featured group discussions.

Those who are interested in a particular location should be directed to that event page so their comments don't get lost among all the other stuff and fluff.

I have already sent a couple of e-mail blasts out to members of the T0p 6 kommunity groups, which gives fairly wide coverage of the most active members, and will likely do two or three more as the day approaches. 

Just yesterday I added a new thread which (hopefully) will save us all a lot of explaining . . .

Finally, there is also a "pointer blog" which is featured at the very top of the kommunity home page.  I've asked someone to make a short animated video of Rhett's plug for MythiCon from the May 1, 2014 episode of GMM ( 5 New Music Genres) and will add that to the blog page so that it also shows up on the kommunity home page.  Hopefully that will give quite a bit of visibility right at the start for new members and curiosity seekers.

If anybody has any idea's for Mythicon Georgia you can reply here or on my page! I am the host for Georgia, on the page it says :D! 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service