RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Ok, now that LFML is being distributed for purchase, let's talk about it! What were your favorite scenes? Were you clapping and cheering at any particular moment? Were there any moments that surprised you? How about when they found Miss Locklear?
I didn't see another discussion specifically about this topic, so I hope I'm not duplicating someone else's efforts.

And by the way, I'm starting this discussion before I've even seen the movie! I'm still waiting for it to be available on R&L's website to purchase. I know it's available on Amazon, but R&L don't get as much of a cut if you buy there. (if LFML is available through R&L's website, somebody please tell me! I haven't been able to find it yet).

Views: 2336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't seen it yet either. ;_; I promise once I get my copy (which I bought today) I promise I'm going to post again!
Awwww yeah, there it is, right there on R&L's website today! I'm off to go purchase my copy! Can't wait!
YES! Just received my copy of Looking for Miss Locklear today, and scurried off to watch it! Here are my thoughts:

No surprise, my favorite scene is when they opened the door to Miss Locklear's office and she saw them for the first time since their 1st grade! That was amazing! I also felt the anxiety and anticipation that Rhett and Link did just moments before walking into her school, I would have been the same way! OMG and Miss Locklear's tears? I was grabbing tissues myself!

Another favorite moment is their musical performance to Miss Locklear's school, and how the kids participated in the performance. I was smiling ear to ear seeing the kids and Miss Locklear's pure joy at the full circle moment. It was truly heart-warming.

I was surprised at some of the story line, as all I had seen up to today was the trailer. The trailer almost led you to believe that someone had died along the way, as they were digging in the tobacco field and also walking through a graveyard. But now I know what that tobacco field scene was all about, LOL!

I LOVE the movie, and even learned about the Lumbee tribe. It's amazing how R&L's journey developed so spontaneously and yet they seemed to know to keep following and they'd get there. They were Driven!

Well done guys! ************
I can't remember the guy's name, but there was one man in the movie that was hysterical! I think his name started with a "C" and ended with an "-el." I could be wrong. All of the scenes with him were side-splitting. My husband and I also enjoyed the part where Rhett and Link kept asking the contestants in the "Mr. Lumbee Contest" if it was a pageant. All of the contestants were fairly adamant that it was NOT a pageant....but it so was. :)
I think that was Carnell. YES, he was hilarious all the way!! Like Rhett said, it was like he was waiting for that moment. Thank you Carnell for answering your door!
Rhett and Link at his door:
"Mr. Carnell?"
"Yeah, if there's any more they're phoney!"
"Your name is what?"
"Link."
"Link the Stink?"
"And his name is what?"
"Rhett."
"Rex?"
"Who you belong to, besides your mama and da-da?"

Nikki Reed said:
I can't remember the guy's name, but there was one man in the movie that was hysterical! I think his name started with a "C" and ended with an "-el." I could be wrong. All of the scenes with him were side-splitting. My husband and I also enjoyed the part where Rhett and Link kept asking the contestants in the "Mr. Lumbee Contest" if it was a pageant. All of the contestants were fairly adamant that it was NOT a pageant....but it so was. :)
Yeah, that was Carnell Locklear. The guys sang "All for The Love of a Girl," dedicated to him at the Premier. My favorite scene has to be the moment Carnell proposed the Puppy excursion and watching Rhett & Link respond to it as it unfolds. Priceless moment!
Haha you need to write "SPOILER ALERT!" at the top of this discusion. :)

MissElectricCompany said:
YES! Just received my copy of Looking for Miss Locklear today, and scurried off to watch it! Here are my thoughts:

No surprise, my favorite scene is when they opened the door to Miss Locklear's office and she saw them for the first time since their 1st grade! That was amazing! I also felt the anxiety and anticipation that Rhett and Link did just moments before walking into her school, I would have been the same way! OMG and Miss Locklear's tears? I was grabbing tissues myself!

Another favorite moment is their musical performance to Miss Locklear's school, and how the kids participated in the performance. I was smiling ear to ear seeing the kids and Miss Locklear's pure joy at the full circle moment. It was truly heart-warming.

I was surprised at some of the story line, as all I had seen up to today was the trailer. The trailer almost led you to believe that someone had died along the way, as they were digging in the tobacco field and also walking through a graveyard. But now I know what that tobacco field scene was all about, LOL!

I LOVE the movie, and even learned about the Lumbee tribe. It's amazing how R&L's journey developed so spontaneously and yet they seemed to know to keep following and they'd get there. They were Driven!

Well done guys! ************
Good point! I'll just edit the title for ya!
Thank ya kindly!

Lynn (The E-Ministrator) said:
Good point! I'll just edit the title for ya!
I watched it...and I mean all of it. Deleted scenes, commentary, everything. And it was highly enjoyable from start to finish.

One of my favorite scenes was one that didn't make it into the movie. Watching the guys learn and perform the "pleasure pop" was priceless! Of course since I'm a complete sap, the moment when they actually found Ms. Locklear was extremely touching. I got a little misty.

But, my all-time favorite line from the movie is "As I was riding in the back of that pickup full of puppies, looking back at Link mounted on a lawnmower on a trailer being pulled at 50 miles an hour, it hit me; he probably should be wearing a helmet. AND something special has happened." It captures the absurdity of the situation and hints at the serendipity of the whole journey. Good stuff!
thanks Mel. that's a favorite line of mine, too.

Mel said:
I watched it...and I mean all of it. Deleted scenes, commentary, everything. And it was highly enjoyable from start to finish.

One of my favorite scenes was one that didn't make it into the movie. Watching the guys learn and perform the "pleasure pop" was priceless! Of course since I'm a complete sap, the moment when they actually found Ms. Locklear was extremely touching. I got a little misty.

But, my all-time favorite line from the movie is "As I was riding in the back of that pickup full of puppies, looking back at Link mounted on a lawnmower on a trailer being pulled at 50 miles an hour, it hit me; he probably should be wearing a helmet. AND something special has happened." It captures the absurdity of the situation and hints at the serendipity of the whole journey. Good stuff!
i just got it and watched I think all of it
commentary, music vids, deleted scenes, i was up till 1 am watching it. lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service