RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Address:        1 Vendue, Charleston, South Carolina 29401

Website:        http://www.charlestonparksconservancy.org/our_parks/view_park/water...

Your Host:     Amber Stevens (Meek The Mithra) 

Map of South Carolina

Views: 145

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Do we not have a host for SC? I can volunteer for that if necessary. I'd love to meet some fellow beasts in the area!!

No host yet for the Palmetto State . . . GO FOR IT ! ! !

Good I can't wait to meet you I live in the Spartanburg are and will be coming to Charleston for it!So excited! Will I have to purchase tickets and will r and l be there?

All right ladies and gents! I'm about 30 minutes south of Charleston so this is a great place to meet up! I can find us a nice little place to set up and will post details about the venue as soon as I can. For now I'd like some volunteer delegates to help me with decorations (posters, etc) and suggestions on some fun beastly games we could set up! Id like to bring a projector and have some GMM and Rhett&Link videos playing, and I think the Skype / Google call is a great idea! (Refer to the discussion on MythiCon 2014 about that) AND I'd like everyone to incorporate a theme in their attire, so lets have a poll on everyone's top favorite Rhett&Link videos and we can get some ideas for costumes. Now, it does't seem like we have many South Carolinians on here so far, so organizing an event like this would be pointless if no one shows up. So let me know soon guys! 

I won't be attending the SC meetup because I live in VA now, but I'm a Charleston native -- and I happened to see your comment to Gumbo about brainstorming a location, so I thought I'd throw in a thought or two (apologies if you've already considered all of this anyway).

Waterfront Park is my favorite spot downtown (probably the best bet for inexpensive eating near Waterfront is the Wild Wing Cafe, though you can walk farther for places like East Bay Deli), but I might also suggest Marion Square Park if you decide to brave the outdoor heat. Bonus for Marion Square is that there's a Starbucks in the Francis Marion Hotel across the street and also a Moe's Southwest Grill catty-corner if everyone agrees on tacos and burritos for cheap eats. Downside of downtown in general is that people will have to pay for parking, unless they're lucky/experienced with downtown/don't mind walking all the way from the free parking at The Battery.

Another nice park space that's not downtown is the West Ashley Park; most of it is sports fields and such, but there are some open areas for people to gather. Just outside the park is a Sonic, Subway (I thought it was a Quiznos, but the map says Subway), and a Zaxby's.

Good luck!

I live in Nc but I'm not sure if my mom will agree but it may be my early b-day present, me and my sister might be able to help with that :)

OK Now that I've got a better game plan, we have decided to go with Waterfront Park as our location for Mythicon this year! It's located in Historic Downtown Charleston, it's gorgeous, and its kid friendly! (Mine will be there, bring yours too!) Feel free to email me at greeneyeswillhypnotize@gmail.com to get more detailed info or if you want to collaborate on activities, decorations etc. I hope to see some Mythical Beasts there!

Here is the link for more info on the location: http://www.charlestonparksconservancy.org/our_parks/view_park/water...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service