RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halden_Prison

- - Free rent / Free meals

- - En-suite private toilet and shower

- - Mini fridge and flat screen TV in your prison cell room

- - Homeschool, workplace and gym areas

- - Rec center, hobby area, library and stocked kitchen

- - Music lessons and in-house recording studio

- - Rock climbing and co-ed volleyball with the guards

- - Decorated with parks and benches and $1 million custom artwork by DOLK

- - Medical and dental care provided at no cost

- - And you get paid $7.50/day to buy snacks at the on-site convenience store?

Where to you sign up?

As of 2012, Halden had 340 staff, including teachers, healthcare workers, personal trainers, and guards.  Half the guards are women. Guards eat meals and play sports with the inmates, and are typically unarmed because guns "[create] unnecessary intimidation and social distance."

GMMore was really interesting to me...this was one of those relatively rare episodes where the guys really delve into some thoughtful, serious territory. I think the seriousness of the topic is part of the reason why Link was hesitant to come forward with an opinion -- R&L have been on record before saying that they want to keep their public-facing selves as much in the realm of entertainment as possible, and he was probably thinking about what debate they would be sparking among the audience (Ear Biscuits has also shown us that Link has a lot of anxieties regarding what will scare off their viewers).

The GMMore episode also ended very abruptly...I imagine this was also due to them getting too far into non-entertainment territory, and they probably just decided to cut it short in post.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service