RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

ok guys, so it's story time! post one of your most memorable moments (so far for some) from band. (:

Views: 182

Replies to This Discussion

Somebody misplaced my belongings at Six Flags on a band trip and I couldn't get out of the waterpark section without a shirt, so I was there for several minutes and everybody started wondering where I was.
lol nice!
haha wow

John Stratman (Johnny Moblin) said:
Somebody misplaced my belongings at Six Flags on a band trip and I couldn't get out of the waterpark section without a shirt, so I was there for several minutes and everybody started wondering where I was.
one time at band camp i got my hair cut so everyone started calling me dora and while we were in the stands waiting to play they all started sining the dora song and are school camera crew recorded the whole thing
please tell me that's on youtube somewhere. x) lol jk!
During a pep rally, after everyone was seated and calmed down, the drumline randomly started playing the school's cadence. Soon after the whole school started to join in the cheer that goes along with that. After all that finished the principle forgot what she was going to say making us skip over 30 minutes of the pep rally. Ever since then we've been trying to do it again.
one time at band camp our band diretors Cherry picker *the thing he rides up in so he can see us practacing on the pavement* was being faulty and he got stuck up there and he goes "great, now its probably going to rain" and right after he said that it started to rain, so everyone ran inside and he was stuck on the cherry picker at the very top of the stinging cold rain...in a white t-shirt XD
Oh, too many band memories to fit in this little reply box, and I really don't feel like typing it all out right now 'cause it's really late. Not to mention I can't remember any good stories right now. So let me sleep on it, and I'll get back to you.

I marched 40 yards in 16 counts in my 8th grade year. It was my first year in marching band. It was so awesome!

so, this one time at band camp....

I was in drumline and played the top bass drum (so the tiniest one!). For some reason or another I was very flabbergasted with my percussion director. We had a small water break (and I kept my bass drum on) and I violently grabbed my water, drank it, slammed it down, did an about face, and just stormed back to the field. Well....in my anger, I did not see the bench in front of me and fell over or and did a mid-air somersault and landed on my back with a small gash near my eye brow. 

THEN, part 2. Later that year during indoor percussion I was mahrcing backwards and tripped over a member of the color guard and landed on my back once more and hit my head one again.

This is more like, this one time on the band trip, but here it goes.

We were in the mall getting dinner and this woman looked at one of my section members, tipped her head to the side and said, creepily, "But I ran out of almond milk." My section member was creeped out, but I just thought it was hilarious.

this one time at band camp...

All of the brass players were put into one room and we tried to practice our part of the song, but the saxophones kept playing this one note that I swear wasn't even music. It was high-pitched and sounded like a dying duck. So, we pretended that we were truck drivers in a rush to be somewhere honking the horn almost every 30 seconds... Long story short, we never practiced our part because we got stuck in traffic and we had to showcase the song that night... haha oops

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service