RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Today's the day when YouTube Rewind 2015 got released! I apologise for the amount of questions I'm going to ask - What songs do you think are going to be featured, what do you think the official title is going to be and what do you think Rhett and Link are going to be doing in the video? Below are the previous Rewind videos and their BTS videos (R&L star in all of them). Below them are two Rewind reaction videos (with Rhett and Link reacting) from the Fine Brothers' Channel (the reaction to 2012's rewind (which does not have R&L in it) is here (I'm not including "Extras" videos)). What's your favourite Rewind video so far? BYMB!

Rewind YouTube Style 2012

Rewind YouTube Style 2012 BTS

YouTube Rewind: What Does 2013 Say?

YouTube Rewind: What Does 2013 Say? BTS

YouTube Rewind: Turn Down For 2014

YouTube Rewind: Turn Down For 2014 BTS

YouTube Rewind: Now Watch Me 2015  | #YouTubeRewind

YouTube Rewind: Now Watch Me 2015 BTS

YouTubers React To YouTube Rewind 2013

YouTubers React To YouTube Rewind 2014

Views: 466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I said it in the chat this morning straight after it was released but I will say it again, I think this year was awful. They usually struggle to fit the one year into the video and this time they have tried to cram in 10 years. I think a better way to do it would have been to upload a "10 years of youtube: Rewind" or something similar on the 10 year anniversary and then made 2015 completely seperate. I thought they tried to squeeze too much (and too many youtubers) into the video. I also thought that Pewdiepie and Zoella were so sloppily thrown in and they only done it so they didn't get backlash from the fans, I think the video would have still been as bad good without them in it.

I agree that there should've been a separate 10 years of YT video, and then the year-end video.There were tons of references to all the older viral videos they could've put into a more comprehensive video, including links to the actual videos so that people could walk down memory lane, so to speak. I wonder if the viewers who weren't on Youtube from the "old days" even got the Evolution of Dance part. =\

I liked 2014 the best because I felt like I was involved in a massive celebration that flowed from one part to the next, and R&L's part had me smiling bunches. This year felt weird. It was nice that gaming got a bigger part with the inclusion of Mark and all, but it felt very disjointed.

Since i watched rewind 2014 after RandL, I just wait for the rewind for them....and then youtube do that to us ¬¬, and btw, Shut up + dance/ Bad Blood/ Uptown funk would have been a better choice....

I enjoyed this years.

one more slam   complaint   gripe   observation:

This is supposed to be a highlight of YouTube epic things and viral events from 2015, right?

Can anyone explain why they have R&L dancing  with Judson Laipply (the guy from Evolution of Dance ~ uploaded to YT on Apr 6, 2006)? and yet they re-create one of the "old" dances from that video, instead of one that became popular in 2015 . . . the video includes others doing Whip/Nae Nae, why not R&L&Judson doing the STANKY LEG?

Better yet, from the "behind the scenes" video that R&L posted on Facebook they might have gone with GANGNAM STYLE (song released in 2012 and peaked as "a thing to do" soon afterwards)

https://www.facebook.com/RhettAndLink/videos/10153304280046476/?fre...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangnam_Style

For some reason, about halfway through the video it turned from a 2015 Rewind into a 10-year YouTube retrospective. Add it to the list of odd things about the video, haha.

I was wondering why they were doing Gangnam Style in that BTS video...

I still don't understand why we had to see Bf vs Gf do decades of wardrobe changes while dancing to Whip Nae Nae? That makes no sense to me and took up a lot of time.

I had thought that had to do with those videos I kept seeing stuff about where people were displaying fashion/hairstyles by decade.

One cogent explanation (I guess) is the fact that this year we had BTTF day (which was rather big) but then again, I don't know why they included 1965, 1925 and not 2005 (but I guess they included that later) and it was just one day really so it didn't "define" 2015 or anything like that. And I do agree with you when you say that it took up a lot of time.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service