RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

[CLOSED] Let's name the GMM cockatrice! Leave your suggestions!

It was YOUR mythical suggestions that led to the terms "mythical beast" and the Kommunity mascot's name, "The Randler."  

Now, let's hear your ideas for what we should name the GMM cockatrice.  GO!

**UPDATE:  VOTING CLOSED!**

Lysh Fish has set up a ballot / poll for the name suggestions already posted in this discussion.

It allows only one vote per user and can be reached at: 

http://dft.ba/-GMMCT

Thanks Lysa!  Post your poll results in this discussion on Sunday and we'll factor that in to our decision, okay?

I'll plan on CLOSING this discussion Sunday night (Sept 16th 2012), so let your voice be heard now!  Then, we'll announce our pick in an upcoming GMM episode...most likely next Friday's episode.

Views: 7531

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Quincy!

Quincy the Cockatrice. I think that has a nice ring to it.

Dude, you already posted your idea in the thread, you don't have to copy-paste it in response to other people's ideas...

Lamont

Well, let's think about this. 

Doug is already taken . . .

Bobby the Cockatrice?  NAH!

Cocky? nope, that's got too much of a South Carolina feel to it.

COMMENCE  EXHAUSTIVE  RESEARCH  (a.k.a.  Wiki)

I've got it . . .

ISAIAH!

Cockatrice

The first use of the word in English was in John Wyclif's 1382 translation of the Bible. This usage was followed by the King James Version, the word being used several times, to translate Hebrew tziph'oni (a poisonous serpent):

And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.  ~ Isaiah 11 8

Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.  ~ Isaiah 14 29

They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.  ~ Isaiah 59 5

The mediaeval name (a corruption of "crocodile") of a fabulous serpent supposed to be produced from a cock's egg. It is generally supposed to denote the cerastes, or "horned viper," a very poisonous serpent about a foot long. Others think it to be the yellow viper (Daboia xanthina), one of the most dangerous vipers, from its size and its nocturnal habits (Isa. 11:8; 14:29; 59:5; Jer. 8:17; in all =  tziph'oni)

My second choice would have to be Belvedere :

A cockatrice overdoor at Belvedere Castle (1869) in New York's Central Park

I like the name Belvedere or Isaiah! Belvedere is really neat, but I do like the ring of Isaiah The Cockatrice.

I dig Belvedere. It has authority to it.
I actually have a photo of this cockatrice detail from when I visited Central Park -- I remember it distinctly!

I did exhaustive research and found these too!

A vote for Belvedere here. 

My vote is for Isaiah! It's got a nice ring to it.

I like Belvedere too.

i like both of these a lot, Belvedere sounds more unique, though, so i vote for Belvedere

I think Belvedere is a great name!

I quite like Belvedere...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service