RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

https://twitter.com/LucyHowlter

Lucy put together a viewing of the 11 Hour Version of "All Night Long" on Together Tube. And what started as a small idea with a small group, turned into at least 20 beasts at a time, with Lucy there for the full duration, representing from all over the world.

Views: 386

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had folks from Sweden, Germany, Egypt, Syria, Phillipines, Canada, England, France and all over the US. If any of the beasts at the Kommunity took part leave comments about your experience and if you didn't, would you like to get involved in another. The attached files are screenshots of a special guest we had join us in the chat. Jason!! He was a major player in this production and it was cool to see him there. Though most everyone was invited to the meetup from the crew, Jason and Alex were the only ones that could make it. Mike simply missed the notification or he would have joined us. We even invited Chris Crutch who was the main filmographer. He was unable to join as well.

https://twitter.com/linklamont/status/701270765866508290

A reply to Steph from Link when about three of us tweeted him the code word for watching the 11 hour long version of "All Night Long". He couldn't join us, but he was watching.

Sorry I missed this.  How about a tiny bit of advance warning next time?

Of course, it's happened before, but before the Together Tube application was available so it was way more chaotic with considerable fewer viewers.  And synchronizing was next to impossible.

Here's the most organized to date of several previous such events from the Kommunity Archives:

Party All Night Long! an 11-hour KBE/KommChat extravaganza, watch-a-thon & sing-along event

http://rhettandlinkommunity.com/forum/topics/party-all-night-long-a...

It actually was such a small idea from a handful of folks one Saturday afternoon that turned into a "Hey guys, I am in the room watching if you want to join!" It started with about 4 of us the first several hours. Then ideas to invite krew members came up, so I did that. Then the tweets were retweeted and someone finally took it to tumblr. It seemed like it happened so fast. I notified Victoria and Lexi right off the bat and Lexi said she would pass the workd along but couldn't join. The reason I started this conversation was to get feedback like this so Lucy can get ideas of what people would be interested in "marathoning" and when. That way we can give a head's up in every forum that beasts gather and also give the crew a little more time in case they would want to pop in. The good thing about Together Tube is one can remain anonymous if they wish, which gives everyone a chance to get comfortable before revealing your identity. Haha.

As Jaymie said, it was really spontaneous and I didn't even thought that so many people would actually be interested in such an event!

But I have now created the hashtag #GoodMythicalMeeting, so that people will have an easier time, when they search on social media for the next event!

Upcoming plans are definitely watching "The Mythical Show" together and whatever the Beasts want next!

Maybe just some Good Mythical Morning episodes with the corresponding GMMore, maybe some of the Rhett and Link sketches or even another 11 hour All Night long Marathon, for all the people who missed the first two events! 

But it's important to note, that the togethertube site don't seem to work on mobile devices! (Some Beasts couldn't watch the last stream with us because of that reason.)

Thanks, Lucy.  If you let me know in advance before the next virtual gathering I can send out an e-mail blast to the 100k+ Kommunity membership and Victoria can probably also help to promote via the K-Mod's official media outlets on FaceBook, Twitter & Tumblr

I did promote it on Twitter and Tumblr after I caught wind of it. :) Although I didn't have the presence of mind to post it over on Facebook, whoops.

I posted it to the visitor posts on the official page, not many takers there and not many folks even see those posts.

I'll make sure to inform you about the next gathering, as soon as we have decided on a date and the time :)

And also a big thanks in advance for promoting these events!

It really means a lot to me! 

I wish I had known about this!

Word has been going around about the possibility of "marathoning" the whole 6 hours or so of every "Mythical Show" back to back. Does that sound like something everyone would be interested in?

Yes! But I live in Australia so time zones may be a problem

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service