RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Edit:

Submissions now closed!  

Thanks to everyone! I'll be going through all of the submissions today and I'll reply to emails sent (I may have to use another email address to send them out depending if the secret KBE causes a account lock again).

Come forth Mythical Beasts!

We are pulling together to gather messages/letters/fan art, to be bound in a professionally printed book to be sent to Rhett as a gift from the Kommunity for his birthday.

The Kommunity did a fantastic job in coming together in the same project for Link's birthday. Here you can see the finished book and Link's kind words about it:

Guidelines:

• Longer messages/letters are always better than just "happy birthday Rhett from me". So try to come up with something a bit more substantial.

• Make sure to say who you are. Real name or online username is fine.

• No fanfiction.

• Messages sent in the email body are a lot easier for me to copy paste into the book template without the need for additional programs (office etc). So please try to add text in the email body instead as an attachment where possible.

• Scan hand drawn artwork at the best dpi you can (300 dpi is what the book is printed at), this will stop any blurred images.

• Cover art for the book will be completed once again by Georgia, whose art was used for the front of Link's book.

• Remember the book is for RHETT, Don't put messages in for Link or ask Rhett to pass messages on. As Link said "It's nice to get something for your birthday that's just Link related"- we want that for Rhett too.

Little note as this happened with Link's gift: Please understand that Rhett and Link get a lot of mail, especially close to one of their birthdays. We are sending this as a gift from the Kommunity, please do not be offended or disappointed if you do not see Rhett mention it.

Email all submissions to our kommunity email:  rhettandlinkommunity@gmail.com
(Any submissions posted in this discussion thread will be deleted. Rhett still visits the forum now and again, we don't want him reading things in advance)

Deadline for submissions is Saturday 5th September 23:59 EST.

I personally attempt to reply to every submission to confirm I received it. If you have not had a reply from me within 24 hours of submission, please leave a message in this thread.
Also note there will be no PDF version published. The initial intention when completing Link's book was to publish the PDF version of the book for all Beasts to read. However due to the personal nature of some letters, it was decided it was best not to publish.

Finally... Don't forget to share with other Mythical Beasts. Be it twitter, tumblr or reddit..go nuts. Let's make this awesome!

Thanks all. Have fun!

-Carol

Views: 2569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How long would you prefer the messages being?

It's up to you really. 
We struggled in the beginning with Link's book as we were only getting 1 paragraph messages, so though we had lot of submissions, when put in the book it looked tiny. That's why I asked for people to try and write a little more.

I know you said you would like people to write a little more, but is it okay i send one, short sarcastic message?  ( i have the message, but i don't want to post it here )

As long as it's tasteful. This is a book about respect, we won't have anything that could be taken the wrong way in it.

Mkay, I'll see about writing something longer.  Thanks!  :D

This is awesome. Working on some fan art right now.

Idk what to say. :/

I am having trouble coming up with enough to say but I do want to wish him a happy birthday and I want to contribute.
What's the email address I have to send it to?

It says in main post in bright red

Ok thanks!
Hey I wrote a submission yesterday and I didnt get a comfermation replay so I want to make sure you got it

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service