RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Georgia has it all: Big city, small towns, mountains, beaches, and a rich heritage.

I was born and raised in South Georgia, but moved to North GA for college 5 years ago. What part of the state are you from? ATL (or the surrounding cities), the North GA Mountains, the coast, a South GA farm, or somewhere in between?

Do you love peaches? Are you a Dawg fan? What's your favorite place to visit? Do you love pecan pie? What's your favorite band/artist/musician to come out of Georgia?

Oh, and if you're not from Georgia but have visited, feel free to chime in on the discussion, too!

Views: 375

Replies to This Discussion

Not too fast there, Buckaroo! Don't give the BEST BBQ title away yet, if you haven't been to Fat Matt's Rib Shack down on Piedmont Ave. Great food, cold sweet tea (and various other libations) mixed with hot live blues music. Can't beat a Friday night on the tiny front patio with hot rib sauce up to your elbows!

Eric Goldstein said:

Nothing beats sweet tea with BBQ. If anyone is from Atlanta and is familiar with the Little Five/Candler Park area, GO TO FOX BROTHERS BBQ! Best BBQ in the city.
PS: here's Fat Matt's website and the full menu - - just in case this has wet your appetite.

I live in Fayette county Georgia, love peaches and pie, and have no idea about musicians

loooove me some ice cold sweet tea.
hi am from sharpsburg Georgia
I was born in the looniest of all states, California, though I stopped claiming them after the Berkeley Recruting Station debacle... Now I claim to be from Camden, which is were I first lived when I moved here 11 years ago. Now I live in the bustling metropolis of the SAV, Savannah, The Low Country...

What's the phrase, I may not have been born in the South but I got here as fast as I could... My daddy and Granddaddy and his whole side of the family is from Hampton South Carolina so I've got it in my blood :)

And I loooooooooove Southern Cookin' in every way. Grits, Okra, Greens (turnip please), Sweet Tea, Catfish, Shrimp and Grits, Chicken Fried Steak, Gumbo, Beans an' Rice.... in the words of the Great Gastronome himself, Cookie Monster... Southern food is num num num
Joel is from Peachtree City, GA & we've lived in Decatur! :) Is it weird to say we miss the Perimeter??
I live in Dallas, GA, not too far from Atlanta, but I was born and raised near Chicago. Moved down here just a few years ago, but definitely loving living down here. :D
Hi! I'm from Sharpsburg,GA... though I seem to spend all my time in good ol' Peachtree City.
I live in the ATL.

So happy to be out of ice and snow this week!

I'm originally from Snellville, Georgia, and I'm the blogmaster of The Georgia Road Geek.

Read my blogs and watch my "ROADGEEK-CAM!!!" videos, and thanks in advance for visiting.

I was born in the south with mid-west upbringing. Both my parents are from Illinois. I live in a DeKalb county suburb about 30(ish) minutes outside of Atlanta. Where I live it's very diverse and I LOVE it.  I'm close to all the fun of the city but adore living in the quietness of the suburbs, it never gets old being able to look up at the stars without all the light pollution. Though I love where I'm living  I can't wait to move and experience new things!

I was raised as a Bulls fan... lol though my dad, a few years ago, had announced he's on board with the Hawks. Umm the current band that I'm listening to that's come out of GA is Family Force 5, super cool group: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75_dclVOvQ0&feature=plcp

I realize that this post is old, but I'm new to this so I'm going to go for it. I'm from Macon, and just this week I got hooked on R&L and I'm so happy! Do they ever come to GA? Oh, I do love peaches, UGA is alright I prefer GSU, I love to go to North GA, not a fan of pecan pie but I love frozen pecans, and for favorite band I'm going to have to stay close to home and say The Allman Brothers Band! :) Hopefully someone will reply back to this haha! I have a blog also, http://carolinefreemanblog.com/ I'm going to be featuring Rhett and Link on there VERY soon, so check that out! 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service