RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

Do you ever have something happen that is super funny and you want to tell someone about it, but you realize that only another Rhett and Link fan would get it?

For example, my little 4 year old son the other day went in the bathroom and stuck the back of his head under the faucet and then came dripping to me and said "Guess what I just did, Mommy? I went phatdipping in the sink!" I just don't think Grammy and Grampa would get that! But I know the Kommunity can laugh with me.

Anyone else have this kind of thing to share?

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lol...every year my school has a Field Day. This year one of the things we did was a cornhole game (though no one actually called it cornhole..lol). So I started to sing the cornhole song. I got some veryyyy strange looks.
I seem to have a few of those regularly:

1. Do you remember on one of the 'Kasts when Link talked about how his son was singing the song "Single Ladies" in the public bathroom stall? Well now every time I hear it, I think of that and start to laugh!! But, of course, I'm the only one laughing, and I begin to be looked at awkwardly! :)
2. My little sister's iPod died a couple weeks ago, and my dad was trying to think of what to do with it once he buys her a new one for her birthday. I smiled while remembering Rhett and Link's "Dead iPod" song, and began to list the options that the lyrics describe! Apparently, I was the only one who knew the song...
3. Just today, my sister, brother-in-law, and I were all going to the store, and he began talking about this girl who had crashed on her bike and lost some memory because of it. In response, I started talking about Link's whole "Aw, man! They put an IV in my arm!!", and just my luck they weren't R&L fans, so they didn't find it quite as funny as I did!

There's probably more moments like that, but I'm guessing none of them are as funny as I believe them to be! They all seem to revolve around the awkwardness of me being the only Rhett&Link fan in my family... ;)
Oh I have another one...I was at my friend Kyra's house (She's "Kyra" on the community. =)) and I was calling my dad for some reason or another. Kyra and I had been talking about the Father's Day Advice video all day. I said "Hello" and then I said "Diddy, this is us eatin' chicken." He went quiet. He's still confused on why I told him that we were eating chicken.
LOL! I love sayin that line, "Hey diddy!"
Oh my gosh yes. Yesterday I was on the phone with my friend and I was looking at the t-shirts on Rhett and Link's website because I wanted to check out the new fireworks t-shirts. I was laughing so hard at the badger shirt, and my friend just didn't get it. I had to explain the whole story, and he didn't even think it was funny.
Got another one. Driving home from work today, with the windows down, singin' along to the Sunburn song turned up loud. Rolled up to a stoplight right when Link's amazing solo trumpet solo blasted out. Got the strangest looks from the people crossing the street.
Oh man, I'm always doing this! Usually at home where the rest of my family knows what I'm talking about...but I'll occasionally start laughing about something that reminds me of a R&L-kast or song. If it's someone who knows about R&L I'll try explaining it, and I generally get a sort of "Uh-oh, there she goes again, talking about those crazy guys on the internet" look. :D

Just a few weeks ago I was at a friend's house and we were looking at something on the computer when a roach suddenly ran across the floor. I of course thought of the awkward moments kast and the roach interruption and just about lost it. :) (And took a picture of the roach after we'd stunned it with a shoe...)
We have a white board with different messages every day at work. Today it said something about assigning a point of contact. All I could think of every time I looked at it was, "you gotta have 3 points of contact." Unfortunately, I knew that no one else at work would understand why I found that funny.
Today I went to Wal Mart and found myself mindlessly singing a tune to myself... 5 minutes later I realized it was the Wal Mart song going over and over in my head (especially the line from Gladiator). I had no one to share this tid bit with, so I twittered about it.
"See Russell Crowe 86 14 dudes, on 17 different TVs all at once! Are you not entertained, are you not entertained? Is this not why you're here? (...that's a line from Gladiator...) And my friend Theodore, meets me as I walk through the automatic door....."

I'm thinking it's a good thing I don't shop at Walmart hardly at all because I would have that burned into my brain even more than it already it! :D Plus I'd probably burst out laughing at (apparently) random things in the store...like bikinis and velcro sneakers and such. :)
yesterday I was working on some stuff on the computer and my little sister (she's 4) kept asking if she could watch the Rhett and link video " the one where they're standing on the floor... and he has a red shirt."

I didn't know what she was talking about so I put on the first video on their youtube channel and she said. "yes! that's the one!"

I'm not sure how Space Junk is 'the one where their standing on the floor."
lol My 3 1/2 year old does the same thing. She always refers to their videos by the color of the shirts they're wearing in them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service