RhettandLinKommunity

Home of Rhett & Link fans - the Mythical Beasts!

From just the title, it seems easy right? But here are the details. Would you rather... have $1,000,000 given to you this instant, but you have to spend it ALL in 3 days (any money that isn't concretely SPENT on something is taken away), or would you rather have $100,000 put into an account gathering an average amount of interest and you couldn't touch it for 10 years?

Views: 314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

$1,000,000! I'd buy my dream house. :)
I know what i'd do!!!! I choose 1 million $. I'd try to get all the mythical beast to america (r&l 2) and then have a awesome party :D and I'd buy everything in those 3 days...so everything will be payed and stuff :D
I would take the $1,000,000.00 then withdraw all of it into cash.
There would be no way it could be taken away unless I got robbed...

Leigh Kennedy said:
I would take the $1,000,000.00 then withdraw all of it into cash.
There would be no way it could be taken away unless I got robbed...

Or fake up a good bunch PayPal transactions to myself. This way it comes across as if I bought goods and/or services via PayPal.
How could they possibly find out I paid myself if I can so easily just have two accounts and transfer money from one to the other... ;)
id take the $100,000 in the account, that way i can keep living life knowing that i have money set and waiting for a secure future!! =)
If you take in consideration that gold on the market has a really good balance in price, i would go for the 1,000,000 and buy everything i wanted right at this moment, and invest the rest that i have left in gold on the market.
Than later in my life when i need money again, i can sell my investments (not all, just a part.)
No problem at all ^^,
That's smart, Scott, looks like you're the only one. I'm definitely a saver over spender for long-term benefits also. But I figured out the real answer; I'd take the $1,000,000, SPEND it all on gold, and after the 3 days were up sell the gold and invest the profit. Then instead of $100,000 gathering interest, I'd have almost ten times that much!

Scott (ThunderFalconDragon) said:
id take the $100,000 in the account, that way i can keep living life knowing that i have money set and waiting for a secure future!! =)
Oh wow, I didn't even see you wrote that! I guess you beat me to the punch.

Sven Hutjens (SvenTaurus) said:
If you take in consideration that gold on the market has a really good balance in price, i would go for the 1,000,000 and buy everything i wanted right at this moment, and invest the rest that i have left in gold on the market.
Than later in my life when i need money again, i can sell my investments (not all, just a part.)
No problem at all ^^,
We are real investers ^^,
hahahha xD
$1,000,000. I'd buy all my technology and musical needs, like a Macbook, editing software, guitar, bass, keyboard, recording devices, etc. Then I'd pre-book flights and hotels to a multiple flight trip to a few places and pay for it online. Then the leftover money will be used for a college tuition.
well you said that you would save the rest for college but it say whatever you dont spend in 3 days they will take away so you can't do that

Izzy (Azeekla) said:
$1,000,000. I'd buy all my technology and musical needs, like a Macbook, editing software, guitar, bass, keyboard, recording devices, etc. Then I'd pre-book flights and hotels to a multiple flight trip to a few places and pay for it online. Then the leftover money will be used for a college tuition.

megan dudgeon said:
well you said that you would save the rest for college but it say whatever you dont spend in 3 days they will take away so you can't do that

Izzy (Azeekla) said:

@megan dudgeon Some schools allow you to pay off multiple years of tuition at once.

My answer:

I think I would take the $1,000,000. I would spend as much as I could on various music resources, technology and travel plans, specifically multiple trips to Japan and Israel. I would give $120,000 to my mother to invest and then I would give the rest away to charities, specifically $600,000 to the Kaboodle Ranch, a sanctuary for homeless cats. The remaining would go to other charities which I have not figured out at present.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Link.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service